1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4s Corse

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Pany, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Hi guys, I am new to this forum. Thought id try here, and see if anyone can help. I have a V4s corse. started having issue missing gears, then getting a load of false neutrals.Finally, in 6th gear, under braking bike would down shift, this no engine braking. Managed to slow the bike down and stop, and bike reset. was ok for a while, but then happened again. A friend says its a gear position sensor failure, confirmed by a ducati dealer in the UK. Problem is, the bike was in Portugal at the time, an there at a dealer there. They say they never heard of the problem, and worse can not see any issue with diagnostics. I did change tyres and had a 55 not 60 on the rear, but didnt re calibrate. Ducati Italy have told the dealer that this is the cause of the down shift failure. I struggle to believe that. Can any shed any light to the same issues?

thank you

2. Yep it is indeed a problem from as you described I know some bikes had to have a new loom fitted as warranty at a Uk dealer to resolve it
    The 2020 bikes have a different loom particularly around gear change and qs that resolved the issue....

3. Thank you

4. thanks alot... just strange Ducati Italy are not admitting this problem. Having serious arguments with them.

5. My understanding is on the earlier looms there are some quirky switches as part of the loom for the qs... these fail the options are a new loom...

6. ta mate....

7. Morning newbie pany
    We like pictures especially with your bins :) It keeps me happy

Welcome into our mad house

8. Hello and welcome

9. Hello and welcome to the forum

10. Ducati released a TSB on 11/5 concerning the Gear Position Sensor, new part number for the GPS.

My bike has had two failures of the GPS so far.....

11. Had an updated gear position sensor fitted (2018 V4S) It was a heat related issue. If the bike cooled down, the problem vanished but re-emerges when the bike gets hot again.

The new sensor has improved heat insulation. Job jobbed...

12. * fitted under warranty

13. old PN - 55215484c

new PN - 55244421a

• Like Like x 1
  14. thank you

15. thank you, v helpful....

• Like Like x 2
  16. cheers Jim....

17. thank you

• Like Like x 1
  18. thanks for help all.. With Ducati Italy, insisting that there was no issue with my bike, and denying any gear sensor issues generally. I informed them, that I would take the bike and test it at Portimao ( where the original failure happened) , and that if I had down shift failure at the end of the straight again, ( 180mph) they will be served with a very serious legal case. Funnily 2 days later, the dealer in Portugal has told me, Ducati have informed them of a new part available, and will be issuing it to be fitted on my bike..... quite Unbelievable...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information