1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4s Front And Rear Wheel Nut Tool

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by JoePeps, Jan 9, 2019.

1. You are better off getting the right sized socket. Cheaper and more useful. For the 1299 I got one of these......
    519ACCAF-D614-449F-A807-FC2AA023A58C.jpeg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Smashing that's a much better idea! I saw that tool and assumed it was something a bit more special than just a socket! Not picked the bike up yet so couldn't measure it!

Will order one now thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. They normally fit the front and rear wheel (different sizes)... just buy two sockets.

4. I'm a bit lost now mate....so the front and rear aren't the same socket size?

5. No, the front is smaller. That 55mm is the rear. The front is a smaller, normally 30mm. (The rear you definitely need a 12 point socket, whereas the front you can use a normal hex or a 12 point socket)

6. I got a laser one which sits inside the hub/spindle so keeps it aligned better and less chance of it coming off.

you can use and impact gun on it and its low profile so the wrench or breaker bar is as close to the nut as possible so again reduces the chance of it slipping off or damaging the nut

you shouldn't use an impact gun on chrome sockets. The laser one didnt mark my wheel nut at all and i used an impact gun on it

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Laser-6356-Wheel-Impact-Socket-55-30-Mm/1266407273?iid=282020941373&chn=ps

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thread moved

8. Use a std socket on the front. Buy one of the steel tools for the rear. The rear nut is very shallow and a std 55mm socket slips off very easily when being used.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information