1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4s, How Much?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by pauly, Jul 7, 2021.

1. I'm not sure I could use all that potential on the road. What say you?

2. There was a delay with the Ducati Approved warranty paperwork, that has now arrived. Thanks for the posts comparing me to Scott Redding and Rossi, I'm very flattered.

3. Hated my 1299, steering like a barge and at least 100bhp under powered…. Oh wait; no it wasn’t, it was awesome :)

Bikes are down to personal preference I suppose, but it’s usually the fleshy bit sat on the bike that limits the bike capabilities.

Having swapped a 1299 for a V4, I can say the V4 is immense… but is it worth twice the value of the 1299? Depends what you want it for I guess.

Gratuitous 1299 elbow down shot :):)

EED9B2F2-ECFF-4FAB-9E45-A62794637418.jpeg

• Like Like x 14
  4. Really, the way it turns in and holds a line is what I really like so far. Or am I selectively misquoting you?

5. I think it's called sarcasm.....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. The turning speed of the 1299 is one of its strong points.

I think on the roads the differences between any of the top sports bikes is marginal. Track is probably a better comparison, but on the road its down to who is the maddest. Or to whom the conditions and situation suits best. I.e who overtakes the traffic in the best spot.

7. I've had a couple of dickheads goad me on the roads. And because I'm a dickhead as well, some mental speeds have ensued. I always end up having a word with myself afterwards.... o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I wont race on the roads, nor will I get goaded. If someone catches me up, I just let them pass. If I catch someone, I'll pass but if they try to re-pass, then I'll let them go and slow up a tad. Ive got nothing to prove to anyone. I'm riding against myself, no-one else. I'm the same on a trackday.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Very mature. I'm the same to a point. If some track God comes flying past me on a track day, It's actually quite good to watch them go.... There's absolutely no chance I'll catch them. Syllvian Guintolli (dunno how you spell his name) shot past me at mesmerising pace at Donington. Looked like something out The Matrix.... wtf!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. It's not maturity, it's the memory of pain, broken bikes and the piss taking from my mates. I just cant be arsed. Besides, knowing my luck the guy I'd choose to race would be a superstock rider or some other experienced and a much better rider than I. I race myself because I know I can win.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I hate you :kissing_heart:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. @ditchvisitor has a Pani R for sale if he wants fast...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. good shout that :upyeah:

14. Although @ditchvisitor might not thank me...

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Nah, I've decided to keep my 1299S for a year. Under 1800 miles, and a Ducati warranty, what could go wrong...

16. :joy::joy::joy:

17. Agreed as it’s funny amd I hate him too :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information