1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4s Lithium Battery

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by outintheopen, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Looking to swap my stock battery for a lithium.
    Does anyone have any recommended brands?
    Having trouble finding what is a direct replacement online, so not sure n cranking amp needed or ah?

thanks

2. I have an Antigravity ATZ10-12 360CCA, if that'll fit (dimensions in the link but it's a YTZ10 replacement), along with an Optimate LiFePO4 charger. It was fitted to my MV for a couple of years, worked very well. MV tripples suffer from weak starter clutches and ironically need decent starting energy to stave off failure. £150 for both battery and charger. Only problem being delivery as no carrier will accept them that I know of, so it would have to be collection or delivery in person depending on where you are.

3. Thanks
    I’m in West Sussex, your good self?

4. Not the exact battery for yours but more the make. Ive got these in my Hyper, z1000 and RSV4. All of them have been faultless in the last 4 years or so. Ive just ordered another one for my z1000 as while it was in storage after its accident they deliberately left the ignitiion on killing the battery. In the past it has run down a good few times (ive got a battery backed tracker and forgot to leave it on the tender when i went unused for a little while but, it always charged back up. Brilliant batteries.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Best-sel...F-1200-SA-Bandit-ABS-1998-YTX14H/293142627250

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. As per my profile; Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.

Hmmm... W. Sussex, bit more than an essential journey away.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. any particular reason mate? weight saving, better starting??

7. Space saving.
    No room at all in the area around the battery and I’ve fitted the ducati multimedia system and a tracker but have had to Velcro them to the frame. The lithium batteries are smaller so will use the space to relocate one or both of the parts that are Velcroed (is that a word?)

8. That’s a replacement for the YT12B-BS which is pretty standard across many Ducatis. If it gives you the space you are looking for, it’ll be fine. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Thank you

Do Not Sell My Personal Information