1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4s Price

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Andy0011, Sep 7, 2021.

1. The S has a big chunk of extra torque until at the top of the Rev range. In other words the S should always get the hole shot on the R.

2. Fair comment but the R is faster on track where you don't want huge amounts of torque. The R's power delivery goes on forever in a linear fashion which is want you want to avoid highsides, but the big difference is in the handling. The R is far more communicative and turns far better than the S.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. I am not talking road here, track use only. The S is a better road bike

• Like Like x 1
  4. I mean in pure straight line speed over anything else. I’m sure it’s a bit better to ride but it’s not seconds faster round a track in my experience.

I think because of the power delivery more people would be quicker on an S until you’re starting to get into very fast lap times.

I only do track riding so that’s all I’m comparing with.

5. I bought my v4s for £15600, 11k miles, 1 owner from new. But was not a fan, so moved it on, sold it for the same, sticking to the twins for the time being. I reckons hold fire and you should get one for £16-16.5k. There are loads at 18k. And they it not much more to the latest model.

6. I really wanted to get bike with akras . I know I’m not getting a super deal , but I think it’s a lot of bike for the money . I’ve paid deposit and picking up her next weekend :):)

• Like Like x 2
  7. I’ve negotiated price a bit and seller is getting serviced by Ducati next week at same price.

• Like Like x 3
  8. You'll love it and good luck!

9. Based on previous comments, it seems the balance is pushed towards extra torque and ease of use.
    The R probably requires a racer in the sadle, in order to be able to exploit the extra corner speed, brakes and so on.
    I am with @Porkchop on this one...if one cannot notice a difference between an S and R..probably wasn't pushing enough. (mean no offence)

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information