1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4s Problems Ironed Out?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by JoePeps, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Everywhere I’ve tried said they can get them between September - November so most customers will likely pull out or delay collection till 2020

Ducati Glasgow have a good deal on the v4S just now but I’m not sure if it’s worth 10 grand more than a gsxr1000r or 5 grand more than the beemer.

I would expect the bmw to hive a better residual too.

Need to get a test ride on the v4 and see what it’s all about first

2. Well I bought a V4S today, absolutely over the moon.

For reference to flatstick's comment about residuals, all things equal on a PCP deal (deposit, miles etc) the BMW is £30 a month more expensive than a V4S, which is crazy considering the £5k price difference.

3. I got an early V4-March 2018, had all the recalls done and it’s fine, it also has needed a new rear wheel bearing under warranty and it has gotten a small crack on the dash screen which I’m unsure if I can put a warranty claim in for, it has never been hit/damaged by anything.
    Overall it’s a great bike and certainly feels special to ride, only real complaints about it are the clutch is grabby and not great, the heat it kicks out in slow traffic/filtering(I try not to do too much of that on it anyway) and it doesn’t sound like a V4 should unfortunately :(.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The bmw was £30 a month more than the v4S?

I got quotes today for £5300 in and £258 a month £13300 final payment

5. Sorry mate I'm slightly wrong, but considering the RRP difference there isn't much in it! Both deals are £5k down, 3000 miles and 36 months.

BMW - £229 per month
    V4S - £241 per month

Bear in mind though I got £900 discount on the S1000RR price, so it should be around £30 a month more based on that.

6. What was the final payment on both deals?

7. BMW £7600 (I've calculated this as didn't actually get a figure from BMW).
    V4S £14224

8. That’s where the bmw deal will be better I think.

You will have equity in it at the end but the panigale won’t be worth much more than that after 3 years trade in

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. They are breaking the law if they don't give you this figure. Sign the agreement and then sue them.

10. Yeah I get your point, but I'll worry about that a bit later on in life. I'm happy for the Ducati to cost more as in my mind it's worth more.

11. I know which bike I would prefer to own.... And it isn't the BMW. Not that you could buy one now anyway.

• Crap Crap x 1
  12. My neighbour, who’s just ordered the new BMW S1000RR, has been told this week there’s a major recall on all new bikes. All dealers have apparently been told not to let people have test rides and customers who’ve taken the bikes in for service etc have had the bikes “confiscated” (his words) till BMW factory engineers have been over to establish the problems to rectify them.

Sound like it’s a real problem.

13. The figure was given to me over email in a rush, the actual agreement will obviously have that figure on. I wish I had enough time to start pointless law suits.

14. They have 3 milling machines that do work on the engines, 1 of them has been faulty and machined the oil ways wrong and only just been noticed now. About 150 bikes affected in total apparently but they need to work out where they are and replace the engines.
    My deposit has been down since October last year and they still can't tell me when it will arrive. It's supposed to be 15th July but who knows,

15. It seems BMW have a major issue with quality control.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I agree. Was in local dealers yesterday & today and salesman was flabbergasted that I knew about this. I didn’t tell him it’s on the Ducati Forum! Chap bought one just as I arrived. He was quoted October delivery which I thought sounded pretty optimistic.

Looking at the top of the range model, bit surprised at the quality of some of the fittings. Specifically the levers and foot controls. The adjusters on the lefers were really cheap feeling. Struck me it’s been built to a specific price point.
    Of course, you can upgrade said controls for a price. But not cheap. Other interesting point for me was they do a low seat which drops the seat height by around 1cm.
    I’m testing one next week but TBH I think I’m going to stick with the V4. Told the wife and she just rolled her eyes which I took as a tacit agreement to do whatever I want!

17. Wow that really isn’t good r.e. the quality control issues on the S1000RR, ok I know the Panigale V4 has had its fair share of issues and recalls, but with the exception of the fuel breather one, none of them have been as serious as the engine issue on the new BMW, and to be fair Ducati have been very prompt and professional at dealing with them.
    Saying all that I’m sure the BMW is going to be a great bike, it’s going to be easier to live with, easier to ride fast, but not as pretty or fun as the Panigale.
    Personally if I didn’t own the Panigale and was getting a new bike this year I’d get the new Aprilia, as it stands I’m waiting to see if the V4 Honda rumours for 2020 are true.

With PCP deals, are they the best way to go on a bike?, I guess if you don’t want to own it at the end and throw it back then yeah they’re decent, but given bikes much slower depreciation than cars wouldn’t it be more cost effective to finance it another way and buy outright?.

18. I hope these V4's are reliable I'm soon going to find out! V4s Spain 2019.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  19. Agreed on the levers but once you have gloves on you'd never even give it a second though.

The BMW will be a cracking bike, but I am glad I've gone back to a V4S, so much more drama and excitement, plus the looks. I do quite a few trackdays and yes the BMW will be a better bike for this, but for my skill level I'll probably not notice much benefit, whereas I know I'll have a grin on my face the the Ducati.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mine works fine (March 18 with the recalls done).

I had all 3 previous generation S1000RRs, and they are easy to ride on the track.

The BMWs are very competent, but I never REALLY looked forward to riding them. I REALLY look forward to riding the Ducati (its my first). Its not perfect, but it is theatrical, and if you're making an emotional purchase (nobody needs a 200bhp Superbike) that's a great reason.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information