1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4s Problems Ironed Out?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by JoePeps, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Totally agree.... there’s something about the Ducati that I just can’t explain... she’s a living thing rather than a soulless machine. The S1000RR is just butt ugly, no way round it. Shame.

• Like Like x 1
  2. If Honda produce the rumoured new Fireblade, I wonder if it will be as sterile as their current machine, or the eye opener that was the original. The original was flighty, edgy and considered 'dangerous' at the time. They sold boat loads...

• Like Like x 1
  3. thanks for that link very helpful. Mine needs the fuel cap venting mod and software update, which I was unaware of.
    I don’t think you can go wrong with either the Ducati or BMW, personally I just think the V4 has a bit more character and it does feel somewhat special to ride, I’ll just be glad when it’s run in I can only imagine what it’s like going forward of 6000 revs

4. Just had the letter from Ducati this morning for the fuel cap venting mod. Anyone had this done and know whats involved?

5. My Quickshifter just came back from being fixed again......It broke again 70 miles in. This problem has been persisting for a year now with various updates and changes and still is carrying the same problem. Its back in again on Monday so hopefully this time )

6. Fingers crossed for you mate.

I'm hoping they are all sorted as just picked mine up today!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Buy the v4 and get your free leathers
    Got to be a good deal

8. Just had a proper 3 day shakedown with mine in Brno. I had 780 (fairly gentle) track miles on the clock before I went so this time it was no prisoners on the gas.
    Had a fab time, it's an incredible bike. Fantastic stomp, the engine's an absolute furious hooligan. I think I need to set rear sag as it got a bit bouncy on the gas on corner exits. But not bad enough to roll off, in fact I felt mildly heroic :laughing: And trundling down pit lane and setting the bike after a session, the heat is quite intense. But other than going through rubber and brake pads at a rate of knots, it was absolutely flawless.
    Absolutely loved it and can't wait for next play time :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 4
  9. Nice one!
    I've got my first trackday on mine at Donington on the 25th, so got to get it run in as soon as possible! Really looking forward to it, sticking below 8krpm is pure punishment!

10. I didn't really run in as per the book but I didn't scream the tits off it either (only now and again :D) Have a sneaky venture up the rev range and watch the dash go all spazzy at you.

I did Donington when I first got it. You'll notice the front lifting quite quickly in 3rd going down the home straight. Keep it pinned and hook fourth. Potty engine, love it!

11. Yeah I'm going to be giving it a harder run in that in the book in fairness, but only done 61 miles up to now so going to slowly creep up the revs gradually.
    So excited, gutted it's wet today as planned to get a couple of hundred miles in. Tomorrow is dry but was thinking of going to see the WSBK, first world problems!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. I took the bike to work today and the engine check light came on as I pulled onto the plant, I was hoping that it was just a hic-up and that it would be ok when I came to go home but it hasn't, the light is still on. The bike is going in for the fuel cap recall next Tuesday so I will see what the problem is then.

13. Bet you it’s the exhaust valve. Give it a spanking on the way to see if that clears it.

14. I gave iy a bit of a spanking coming home, but I'm guessing 4 miles isn't enough :laughing:

15. My initial reply was a bit flippant. I have ridden 2 V4s, mine and the demo. Both have had the engine management light on while riding.
    It was (on mine) the cables that control the exhaust valve. There was no specific recall but the dealer knew all about it. Will defy be worth asking them I think. Incidentally, I also asked the dealer about the fuel cap having had one small scare with mine. They were not aware of any issues at the time but I had the recall letter last week.
    Keep us posted please.
    Rich

16. Getting some use - Where are off too?

17. Been to Spain

18. Excellent and no gremlins?

I'm undecided on V4 or 1299 at the moment.

19. That question all depends on 1. Usage and 2. How you'd like to pay.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information