1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4s Progress

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by JoePeps, Jul 7, 2019.

1. I'm happy to pay it to be honest as I love the car and enjoy it, plus once that's spent it;s pretty much bombproof for a long time so should average out.
    BMW have killed their own market by giving the cars away on ridiculous PCP deals and just watered down the brand. Audi and Merc do a good job of managing values and keeping customers happy. Porsche are the master though as you say!
    Nice taste in cars in your family!

2. Yeah what a car too have, must be a buzz to track.
    Yeah I know some of their vehicles the depreciation is insane, I think a new M6 drops something like 30k as soon as it goes out the door.
    Yeah Porsche have the secret recipe don't they, even poverty spec 911's still don't drop alot at all.
    Yeah don't worry it's not all rosy, I sold my C63 last month and I now cruise about in a Renault Trafic 115 :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Repainted my CRC fairings last weekend and fitted in a rush tonight as the light was dying, really happy with the colour! Fairings reacted quite badly in places but not too noticeable unless you look so perfectly good enough. Waiting on some stickers to arrive from Sublime Designs and then my new screen which should finish it off nicely.

Personally I love it, nice and classy and like a reverse V4R!

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  4. I got told not to take mine so high in the revs for the first 600 miles they said 6k revs max will they not void the warranty if it blows ?

5. I think it's 8k and not 6k, apparently the manual is wrong. And it was only a brief blip up the revs not a handful. I've done 1500 miles now, probably the last thousand have been using all of the power and it runs perfectly. The harder they are ridden the faster they are!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Only done 470 on mine so it can wait am getting it track ready then use it in march to run it in for another 130 miles then have the service done and straight on track once my slicks are on

7. I would highly recommend getting the suspension set up on your first day, mine was a huge handful on track until I had it done and it's transformed it into reasonably safe and going in the direction I want it to!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yer i get it done by Colin at 100% suspension had him sort my 1299s of first outing on that heard the v4s is known for chewing tyres tho ?

9. If you can use MTS over 100%, Matt is way better and explains it in a way much easier to understand.

I don't think it's too bad, I got 4 days just out of the rear supercorsa but I was going steady to learn the bike so that's probably 3 with real riding. Not ridden on slicks yet but will be next month.

10. New screen arrived so fitted that, machine polished the tank that has had some marks in since I picked the bike up, fitted some tactical cable ties to keep the fairings and some cables in place and 95% ready to go! All I'm waiting for now is my custom stickers ordered from Sublime Designs, hoping they'll be here next week as I load up on Saturday!

Got a second set of forged wheels with Bridgestone V02 slicks on so going to do a back to back comparison between the standard Supercorsas to see if there's a noticeable difference.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  11. Cheers mate.
    I was going to go this way originally, but to be honest the CRC fairings are just to make it cheaper if I have a spill on track, if I spent too much tarting them up I may as well just leave the standard ones on!

Quite like it being clean and simple!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Not updated this for a while, did Portimao in November last year which was incredible! Did a cheap Cadwell day a few weeks ago and it was really good, quiet, dry and sunny if a little bit cold. That was supposed to be a warm up for 5 days in Almeria at Easter but that's gone to pot for obvious reasons, but did manage to book on for a very cheap Donington day on Monday. I'm hoping it won't be the last one for a while depending how bad things get.

Went out for 80ish miles today, and then got back and stripped it down and a quick clean and lube, will build it back up tomorrow when loading the bikes up.
    On just under 2k miles since getting it July last year but planning on using it as the main daily when the weather gets better. Tempted to go back to standard bodywork even for trackdays as they just look so good in shiny red!

Still absolutely love it.

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  13. Good luck on Monday! Do you know what make the track bodywork is? Looks a good fit.

14. Cheers.
    The fairings are CRC, very good fit and go on or off in less than 5 minutes.

15. Did/do you have to fit the CRC air duct to be able to fit CRC fairings ?

16. I don’t know if it’s strictly needed but it does all fit into place with it so probably helps stop the front fairing flapping about.

• Like Like x 1
  17. And back to looking pretty after a few hours today.
    Also tidied the garage up and put all my trackday stuff out the way to give me a bit more room since it won't be used for a while :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Really tempted to get a set of cans for it but probably best not to spend too much money at the minute, and I should probably buy some carbon bits first!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Joe, nice looking machine, I have the same albeit a little dirtier....

What exhausts you thinking of? Pure noise or do you want top bhp gains?

Jester pipes are the cheapest but they remind me of Austin Racing/ too loud!

I was looking at SC project/AFM GP exhausts.....

19. Cheers!

I don’t want anything loud as I’m worried about trackdays, so I’m thinking about the pipewerx high level one purely to save weight. It doesn’t look the greatest but is cheap!

I certainly don’t need anymore noise or power to be honest!
    But then I also don’t want to pay for a remap so probably won’t get anything!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information