1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4s Throttle - Long Throw

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by vectorzero, Jul 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. The bike was stolen from a secure underground car park with roller security shutters...

2. Thank you - that's very kind of you.

3. I’ll leave all the experience to you then...
    yes....

4. I have the Jetprime Throttle and Switchgear housing fitted to my V4R.The Throttle isn’t quick action but has absolutely no free play,so throttle action is instant.I am a dealer for Jetprime now as well.RD Motorcycles Ltd. Not biased at all but like dealing with quality parts.

5. I’ve used replacement throttles in the past and really liked them. The plug and play nature of the JetPrime looks like a good solution. If the throttle spacers don’t help then I might be up for one.

Can you tell me if the amount of rotation from fully closed to fully open similar to the stock throttle and is the spring lighter or heavier?

Streetfighter throttle seems light enough so I just think it takes a greater twist to open which means I’m unconsciously moving my wrist relative to the throttle and having to regularly readjust my grip. I don’t recall this issue on my Panigale V4S but of course the riding position and handlebar layouts are very different so it might just be a consequence of the change in angles.

6. there you go some of my limited experience..

• Like Like x 1
  7. The Jetprime Kit consists of The Throttle housing,switch gear andThrottle tube only.The fly by wire electronics and return spring unit is taken from the original throttle housing,so throttle movement and spring tension are as standard but without the free play.Hope this helps.

8. Thats really good info. Thanks you. I think, however the heated grips will mean this is a non starter for me.

9. Where did you get your spacers?

10. Hi, where did you order your spacers from?

11. Nope - I am in Cambridge, UK. Service from the company in the States was really good.

12. OK thanks!

13. JHP keep the spacers, £25 I think they were last year

Do Not Sell My Personal Information