1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4s Vs 1199r...anyone Had Both Care To Comment

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by mileypau, Jul 5, 2021.

?
  1. V4s

20.0%
  2. 1199R

60.0%
  3. Neither, stick with the 999, that's enough for anyone

20.0%
  1. Bradders. Thank you….was looking at bikes with the electronic suspension and getting confused. So the gen 2 is the R alongside the 1299 range, but is actually 1199 presumably for race rules. Clear now (I think)

• Like Like x 1
  2. 1199r is gen 1. This has Termi underbelly exhausts. Based on Pani 1199.
    Panigale R is gen 2. Akra underbelly exhausts. 1198 (not 1199) cc. Based on Pani 1299.
    Panigale 1299 FE (final edition). Not a homologation bike. Akra wheelbarrow exhausts. Not an R.

3. You’ve just answered the question I was about to ask…..lots of FEs out there for sale. Many thanks for the clarity…

4. Yup. There’s a reason there are a lot out there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. the fe does look better in the flesh to be fair

6. I give you the 1299 Panigale R Final Edition Owner’s Manual, https://assets.ctfassets.net/oifkva...nigale_R_Final_Edition__E4__GBR_MY18_ED00.pdf. Like it or not, with or without the racing pedigree, the 1299 R FE is an R and is a far better bike than the Panigale 1199R and Panigale R ever were. No emoji for nah, na, na, na, nah, raspberry :joy: Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. hasnt the fe got better electronics on it??

8. Got 1299 Superleggera electronics but not the Superleggera exotic materials. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  9. 1299R FE is an R, just not homologation model R. It has, from what Wilf told me, a lot of SL 2 engine parts so pretty special too. Like Gen 2 pani R but with extra 100cc or so

10. I was told internal are similar but not all the carbon etc etc

11. 15,000 miles. Read your bloody owner’s manual, page 287. Andy

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. ok dad :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information