1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4s

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Steelboss, Jun 27, 2022.

1. That’s really good to know.

2. My new multi is ordered with spoked wheels, any advice on keeping them clean? For me they’re on for vanity rather than off-roading so unlikely to get mud filled, just typical road dirt.

3. I really wouldn’t bother. The pain in the arse that they will be to keep clean far outweighs the look!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Already ordered.

5. That looks great. Have they made the panniers smaller?

I do like the PP as genuinely feel the V4 looks a lot less sporty than my 1260 but guess that suits a lot of people but that does put me off. I also don't have the inclination to buy a new bike for £25k!

6. I detailed a GS a bit back for a mate and I was thinking what a pain in the arse the wheels were to clean!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Purely my opinion… The Pikes does look a lot more sporty than the standard, but I guess if it didn’t they wouldn’t sell any.
    Having ridden both they’re amazing, the pikes is slightly different, doesn’t handle better, handles differently, isn’t quicker, is slightly lower in weight though you wouldn’t know when riding. Ohlins leans towards smooth tarmac Skyhook leans towards British roads.
    A to B the Pikes might get there a little sooner if it includes plenty of 120mph smooth mountain roads, but like most high end bikes nowadays it’s down to rider capability.
    The new pikes to me similar to my 1260 pikes is pure vanity for 99% of owners.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. If you spec everything available on the accessories list on to the pikes it’s over £40k

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. On a twisty road anything with less power but more agility will be quicker than the V4 unless in the hands of an expert rider.

it’s why I kept by Street Triple RS. On a lot of UK roads you would struggle to find something that is more fun and that’s what we ride bikes for most of the time.

10. Street Triple RS is a fabulous piece of kit :upyeah:

11. I traded my 1200S Touring (MY 2017) for a V4S Travel and Radar just over a week ago.

I ordered it with keyless filler cap, top case, touring tank bag, tank protection, tyre pressure sensors, new liners for top case & panniers plus auxiliary LED lights and touring handguards which have yet to be delivered.

I've fitted an Iconic sat nav mount, Evotech radiator & old cooler guard set, front mudguard extender, rear hugger extender, rear brake brake master cylinder guard plus a new Scottoiler xSystem (I had an eSystem on my 1200 but couldn't be bothered to remove all the plastic required to get a cable up to the bars for the display). I've had a couple of spares key cut (with transponder) by Jim at CarKeys4U.co.uk (cut from a photo as the red key no longer has the number on a plastic strip).

I had the first service done last Friday, clocking up the miles in a week by early morning rides (05:30 starts) and getting home before it got too warm.

So it's spot the difference time:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The answer is just about everything :)

PS. I forgot to mention that I also fitted a Speedo Angels screen protector.

#31 steveb123, Jul 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
  12. Congrats on the new bike Steve ! May she serve you well.

13. I saw one of these earlier
    How come they have gone to a single swing arm to a Full one ?

14. Lighter and stronger.

15. Shame they look so poor quality in my eyes let’s a over 20k bike down

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. It works better than a SSSA. Not sure what you mean about poor quality. Mine is fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yep agree with you there, had both and prefer the look of the V4s swing arm , in fact the whole bike for me. Best 22K I have spent, and the bike is real world usable.

• Like Like x 1
  18. No silly torque figures and huge socket to remove the wheel nut and no need to remove the exhaust to get the rear wheel off seems like a winner to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I’m not justifying it’s not easier my old tiger was the same. The quality just looks poor in my opinion

20. Not sure what you were looking at then. Mine is fine.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information