1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vans?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by JoePeps, Dec 30, 2018.

1. I bet you wear Armani Jeans where I wear Tesco :)

2. Financially inept then :thinkingface:

3. Feel I have a little to add on this after having my lwb t6 stolen a couple of months ago, had a new lwb vivaro as a courtesy van for 3 weeks, insurance paid out and purchased a lwb transit custom, all will transport bikes with no problem at all, all 3 vans are fit for purpose with each having there good and bad points, the t6 is bloody expensive and not very well spec'd unless you get the highline, cab is classy and functional but a little basic, looks wise I think the t6 wins, engine size is important on the t6 with the 85 and 102 bhp engines feel a little lack lustre at motorway speeds, you ideally need the 150bhp 6 speed with the highline spec and that is pushing 30k new, but the residuals will help you out when it's time to sell. The vivaro was fine, well spec'd and cheap to buy , cheap being the main reason to buy one, very capable , good on fuel the only things I disliked were the wing mirrors , lack of heated screen and the thin bonded together body panels . I ended up with the transit custom as it was 10k cheaper than the t6 with more options, the cab is a nicer place to be than the others, the 130 engine has plenty of go, not a lot to dislike, the body is a little fussy and getting into the cab seems higher than the others, so far happy with the transit but I do miss my t6.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. i believe this is the first time we agree..

5. said the bloke with a million ducatis catching dust...

6. i guess you cant buy class..

7. I don't dust :bucktooth: don't get at me for not dusting now :mad:

8. Nope :blush:

9. The newer merc vans are miles better then the older ones. Had mine for nearly a year now, loads more comfy then the spec’d up vivaro it replaced. Done nearly 70,000 miles this year and only problem was a blown bulb.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Same with the Vauxhall / Renault derivatives - transit build quality is worse from Turkey - Mercs use the Renault Engines too now ;)

11. I’ve got an 06 Merc Vito Compact. As long as serviced regularly and injectors maintained mines been bulletproof. Not must rust. Cracking van. Now on 225000 miles and still drives well.

12. I still have my eye on it

13. get yer wallet out then...

14. they usually are where he is from......:eek:;)

15. Cash is waiting.

16. Anyone here use a Fiat Doblo to move their bike ? I`m considering a cheap old one to double up as a dog mobile & occasional bike transporter .
    They are incredibly ugly though, imagine moving an early Multistrada in a Doblo, that would be like a hideous Russian Doll on wheels.

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. Can't believe nobody has yet mentioned getting a Fiat Ducato and swapping out the 'o' for an 'i' :motorcycleduc:

Screenshot 2019-01-02 at 11.54.00.png

18. Oh exige can help you with that
    He has a passion wagon :innocent:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Glad my T5’s never blown a bulb in 52,000 miles, although I bought a pair of brighter bulbs I still have them in the garage as changing a bulb requires the hands of a pixie on the triplejointed arms of Mr frigging Tickle.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information