1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Varese Bikes - I Just Don't Get It - But I'm Coming Around

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by West Cork Paul, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Very good question :thinkingface:

2. And how much will the first Ducati Factory built 916 be worth from 1995 :thinkingface:

3. How would we know it though? Only Ducati would know which one rolled out the door first.

BTW, I did read somewhere, in Falloon I think, that the factory has NO records pertaining to Varese production apart from numbers (and that is approximate).

4. They have different chassis numbers though and the total appears to be known :thinkingface:

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  5. :astonished:

6. :p

7. All 916's are increasing rapidly in price - https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesoci...uying-advice/ducati-916-modern-classic-review

Why the Varese's have risen faster can only be because the investors see this variant increasing proportionally more in value than the other 916's in the future.
    I'd estimate my particular Varese has risen in value about 300% in the last 15 years, and looking at current asking prices I can only assume the experts, collectors and investors must see this price appreciation trend continuing.

8. You seem hung up on the word Varese :thinkingface: It’s not a factor in your bikes value as a 1994 916.

9. You seem very hung up on 'your opinion' that Varese bikes aren't worth more than any other Ducati 916, despite considerable evidence to the contrary that many businesses and people selling 916's are asking higher prices for the Varese bikes, fact.

And if we're getting down to snide personal comments on this subject, I've yet to see anyone advertise a Ducati 916 as a 'Bologna' variant, perhaps you can tell me why, or maybe this is really about you being bitter and twisted about the value of Varese bikes and looking to take it out on someone ?

• WTF WTF x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Ok, tell me where you found my opinion: as the one you quote as being mine certainly isn't mine at all thank you very much :) Also tell me where I made a snide comment?
    You are that hung up on the word Varese that you haven't actually read and understood anything I have written.

• Like Like x 3
  11. You mean these comments that you said about the Varese bikes -

12. All those comments you have quoted that I typed are fact sorry - but your comment above was false and made up...

Where did I say a bike produced in 1994 would not be worth more than a later bike? You didn't read and understand a word I have said and then started getting tetchy :eek:

Lets try again shall we:

If the bikes had been built at Ducati had there been no fire, would a 1994 bikes be worth any less now than a bike built at a Cagiva Factory in 1994 - the simple answer to this is No - so the fact they were built in a Cagiva Factory does not have a bearing on their current and future value, it's just an anomaly and an extra identifier, that is all.

And that article you tagged didn't mention Varese once, although the rest of the article was a bit ridiculous stating the following:

"Prices are that same as for pretty much any Ducati sports bike built from 1988 to 2008, be it an 851, 916, 996, 998, 999, or 1098. They all seem to go for around £7-8k right now. A good 851/888 will become a classic because they were first of type and not many were built. Of the rest only the 916 will reach crazy prices and become a genuine classic because, even though the ones that followed were all better bikes, they weren’t the original and the classic market is a fussy and fickle one".

What an absolute load of bollocks that is :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 2
  13. I think you are in denial about having a 'Ducati 916 Varese inferiority complex' and the only known cure is to buy one.

• WTF WTF x 1
  14. I think your a bit embarrassed about not reading what I wrote :p
    I also don't like the earlier 916's so chose what I though were nicer Ducati's instead :bucktooth:
    Why don't you just agree to agree with me now that you agree with me ;)

15. All anyone needs to do is a search for "Ducati 916 Varese for sale" then look at all the results and figure out for yourself if the manufacturing plant of Varese is relevant to the value of the early 916's.

16. What's a Varese? :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. I remember reading somewhere it’s the first and last of the model which are the most desirable. 916 Strada ( as discussed ) - 998 FE ...... 1994 900 Monster With the yellow suspension hoop, black wheels and non chamfered exhaust - Monster S4RS Tricolore. Can’t think of anymore examples

18. No it isn't :)
    But you suggest the 1994 model 916 would have been worth less now if there hadn't been a fire in the paint shop and they had been made at Ducati - that's some ludicrous claim with absolutely no foundation whatsoever :eek:

19. So, what's a Varese? :thinkingface:

20. 998 was a different bike tbf more a 999 with a 916/996 shape - just looked similar, and the most sought after are the 996R & 998R which weren't the first or last.
    Early monsters yes, although lower value bikes (they were made in Varese you know o_O) but that's not the reason ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information