1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very Interesting Bike On Us Craigslist

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by ChrisDS, Aug 2, 2017.

1. They should be paying someone to take that away :)

2. "This a chance to own a bike built in limited quantities with no source other then the parts included with the bike to maintain and support many seasons of a unobtainium experience,"

Is "unobtainium" related to English, or is it an Americanism ? :eek:

3. Looks shit !

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Expensive shit

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Id have to agree with others....load of bollocks....obviously their road racing endeavours ended there...

6. I've been looking at race bikes the last week or so. Real ones with a history. Amazing what people consider to be history worth mentioning?! Example...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322580374698

Yet they want double the cost of a road bike. :rolleyes:

7. He's been trying to sell that and a 748RS for several months, this last time at a (slightly) reduced asking price. I looked long and hard at the 748RS but without attribution to a named rider, the replacement of track parts with stock road parts and the Showa forks which should be Ohlins for the claimed MY, I lost interest. Andy

8. @Android853sp , andy i did a bit research after our conversation the other week and apparently the my2000 RS's did come with showa forks and the standard road pegs ect ect, ducati reckoned they all get replaced with race parts anyway. Still dont think its worth 20k though but could still be a nice bike.

9. Absolutely, however IIRC the guy was claiming that it is a MY 2001 raced in 2002 which if fielded by a top WSB/BSB team would have had Ohlins. The point I was trying to make is that the bike would not have been raced in the configuration pictured as claimed although surprisingly it was supposed to come with the race ecu and dash which are usually the first things to go when a race bike gets out into the public domain. Cast iron provenance is absolutely key to value, without it the bike is only worth the going rate for an ordinary bike of the period + a small premium for novelty value. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. think hes got the year wrong!! its defo a 2000 bike, think its must have been campaigned in 2001.

11. Exactly android. If I'm buying a bike or misted as a wsbk or bsb or MGP or M2 I'd want all the stuff (maybe excluding electronics if motec or control) fitted. Wheels, swing arm, brakes, suspension, exhaust, internals (common trick of switching a good motor out for a standard one in).

Then it's worth paying a premium imho

The 888 they have on there for 25k I'd pay 12-15 for. Or 40k if it was ridden in a top team with the kit

You can buy an ex-bsb proper bike for 20k....

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. @bradders you after a proper race bike mate? i know of 2 Cam Donald bikes for sale and also a rotary norton for sale but thats big money.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thinking about an investment type bike that can still be used occasionally. I like the idea of proper race bikes, would love a M2 or Pierbon stuck in the garage even if I can't ride it that well

14. i love my toesland honda mate i was using it at mallory the other week great fun to ride, its great to have a bit of race history as well, i know a few people that sell a bike or 2 out of there collection, i also know of a john mcguiness sp1 going thats a nice bike. 20170421_141842.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. @cookster, get thee behind me Satan :innocent:. Andy

16. Exactly what I'm thinking about and why :)

17. or a nice sps paul??

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. We need to come to a decent affordable price first.... ;)

19. Mind you, it's in Tims so I could pay you over the next 24 months, couldn't I :p

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information