1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Very Small Coolant Leak

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Daniel Howes, Feb 19, 2017.

1. I might well do that! Even though I shouldn't need to, that's the thing!! There's enough coolant dripping down the alternator case and then down the bottom fairing! Plus they ran it up last time before to check and said it was only 'weeping'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Are they doing the same in the US refusing claims, I bet they are not.
    We need to see if there is some legal route we can take maybe?

• Like Like x 1
  3. I very much doubt there is any legal route and would of thought these issues should be resolved without needing to...and as this new information came from Ducati headquarters I would of thought this is a worldwide issue that they are not willing to resolve.

4. This is mine after a ride today

IMG_4646.JPG

5. Yup very much the same my man, maybe a little worse too. Crap isn't it

6. i see lots of 'new water pump' said,

isnt it the seal, not the pump thats faulty,

a meerr undo reseal do up jobby?

7. rad seal? [emoji23]

8. Yes it's the worn seals that cause it to leak. Isn't the seal internal on the water pump? That was my impression anyways. It's not a gasket that's leaking....

9. Mine leaks at the same spot and same way. If it is the internal seal of the waterpump, what does a new (same ) pump better. It's the same part with same seal.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Agreed completely, but if you had a chance to claim under manufacturers warranty for a new pump, seal or whatever you would as something isn't right and it would fix this fault for a period of time. What's the point in having warranty anyways. Point made....
    If seals are bypassing water, over a period of time it will get worse as the seals wear more, let's not be stupid about this....
    Plenty of people have had there pumps replace and as a result not had any further issues...

11. i agree, if the engine leaks and its under warrenty, leak needs fixing, but SHOULD it come to not being done under warrenty, i was attempting to lessen the blow.

13. Have same coolant leakage on my 2016 1299 with only 8000km. Was told by my Ducati dealer today this leakage was normal on Panigales and the solution is some sort of draining kit. Which btw I may have to pay for myself.

14. Still have a little coolant leak..... no news or recall from ducati. Anyone news from drain kit???

15. theres plenty that do this, plenty dont notice it, its just a little reminder that its a Ducati.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. As ve posted before, mine stopped after around 2000 miles (I think)

17. Ran out of coolant ? ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. i thought they were air cooled anyway?

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Then I am afraid your dealer is talking shite. The weep hole is there to allow water from the pump to escape and not mix with the oil, in the event that the seal in the water pump itself fails. Many people on here have had the pump changed under warranty and it has eradicated the problem.

• Like Like x 2
  20. and many have had the pump changed only to find its a design issue, and had the leak start all over.
    When the issue first arose, Ducati recalled full bikes to dismantle the bikes, strip down the engines to find the fault, DISMANTLE YOUR BIKE? no thanks, it would never be the same again. If mine wants to weap from time to time, thats fine by me. I mean if Prince's fricking guitar can do it without coolant, surely my mechanical beast can?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information