1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Viewing!

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Wylyetom, May 8, 2021.

1. I was just writing a follow up as you posted. I should have asked you which model year the bike is. The earlier 748R with Showa forks had an issue with the mono rear subframe so the later Ohlins shod 748R rear subframe was braced. On reflection, I think the subframe in your picture is the early version. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  2. I have sent you a Private Message offering to help with your questions.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Early mono rear subframe,
    4ABAE54A-A833-4D5D-BEBC-B12D178A013E.jpeg
    Late rear subframe
    32796DD3-2523-4A47-BA4C-036C56791168.jpeg
    Late rear subframe bracing
    4E036B99-A10D-47D8-AB1A-1DB59CD45258.jpeg
    Andy

• Useful Useful x 2
  4. I'm your personal agent Richard so don't forget my sales commission fee.:p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Perhaps the OP has been fed to the lions by the dealer as no updated information so far.:thinkingface:

6. Or he’s round expats counting out the cold hard cash:).

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Hmm you could be right....... @Expat Jack Richard what's the latest fella on this sale.:thinkingface:

8. ok so here is mine... can someone tell me whats wrong with it?

IMG_20210510_2026097.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. There is nothing “wrong” with it. Although I have never seen one, a few early 748R rear subframes suffered from cracking. Can’t tell you how or why, just that a few did. When the 748R was updated for the 2002MY, an aluminium strengthening bar was added which you can see in the pictures I posted earlier. From your photograph, there looks to be no degradation or any sign of impending failure. The academic bit is, the type of subframe is a dead give away if you have and early one fitted to a claimed later model. Ride and enjoy :upyeah: Andy

#30 Android853sp, May 10, 2021
    Last edited: May 11, 2021
  10. later braced side shot of Andy's type followed by one of yours @RC1, followed by a picture to show fracture location. Could be many reasons for this from heavy rider to higher mileage/suspension set extremely hard etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Nice one :upyeah: Andy

12. I have one just like it on my 916. Eek, however Im a svelte 11st.

13. The smaller versions should be Yellow so immediately identifiable as such.:)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. If i bought a sps version then yes but the last R slab-sided version should be in blood red.Imo

15. it's a shame that red and yellow clash as a colour scheme as this could have solved a decades-old problem and more Ducatis may have been sold!

16. but the price, the price my son.. :thinkingface:

17. It’s more a shame that some Ducatista insist on mixing up the colours, as already stated the lower of the two capacities should always be Yellow never ever Red.

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information