1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vinales Withdrawn By Yamaha For Austria 2 This Weekend

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Freak, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Yes, but he won stuff. Plus thats his own racket he is breaking and not Dunlops.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Weren’t they sponsored at that time?

3. Possibly, but he had access to much more than 5 rackets. Plus he can change his strings as much as he liked.

Fucking tennis. Easy.

4. Yeah top entertainment paid a lot in fines due to him being so volatile. What little tennis I do watch you see a few players lose their temper in frustration.

He wasn’t on a limited number of rackets though, AFAIK the MotoGP teams are only allowed a certain amount of engines. Should MV damage the engine that affects both riders should they run out of engines.

McEnroe wasn’t a member of a manufacturers team either his contract was with the racket supplier.

5. Well, I think that’s cleared things up.

6. Mcanroe was an arse too. Don’t care if it’s misspelt: he was a egotistical, zero-sporting-minded knobhead who thought make huge disruption to pit his opponent off was fair game.

7. Marquez has dominated MotoGP until very recently.

So at this golden moment with Marquez out of the picture Vinales somehow decides to throw a wobbly when it is the perfect time to get his head down and possibly win a title.

Remember how upset and distracted he got with Marquez following him out of pit lane, looking for a tow in Q1 recently. He rode round slowly looking over his shoulder waving at Marquez and consequently missed Q2.

When Marquez did the same to Miller Miller joked with him asking for payment for the tow.

8. It’s been clear to see from two or three races into this season that Vinales wasn’t up to it and was finished with the Yamaha team. He’s too erratic.

Quartararo has creamed him and he’s behaving like a spoilt frustrated kid. Personally I’ve never rated him.
    I wondered what all the fuss was about when they signed him.

He doesn’t deserve to swing his leg over a Yamaha again, I hope he doesn’t. There’s any number of deserving riders that would love the seat. Next season I hope it’s Morbidelli. The trouble is who gets the seat at this end of the season.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I find it hard to believe that a modern electronically controlled engine would be harmed by hitting the rev limiter a few times for a relatively short period, there is a lot more going on here than we are being told, I will reserve judgement until ALL the facts are presented.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. Seems like bladders was disappointed by McEnroes behaviour and this thread has bought all that bad feeling back to the surface.:)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. I only watch women’s tennis these days, easy on the eye for sure.:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Viñales has promised to tell his side of the story soon.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Not particularly. Not a tennis fan. But not a fan of non-sporting behaviour either. Needling someone and getting under their skin is one thing: what he did is something different and also bad for the game. Wonder if people like him just shout at people al day.

14. Like you not a fan back in the day and perhaps the original grunter on the tennis circuit ?, but what a great commentator he turned out tobe these days with his knowledge.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Yeah that and quite a good sense of humor about being an absolute dick with refereeing most of his professional tennis career. I find it quite refreshing to be honest. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Just released news

5091F79D-EDA3-443C-A8DF-48B44ACED2B7.jpeg

17. Not unexpected but very contrived. Sure in my own mind, the decision to announce signing for Aprilia was deliberately meant to force Yamaha’s hand. Andy

18. Total bollocks never the statements are almost word for word the same. Love this bit….
    “I would like to express Yamaha‘s sincere gratitude to Maverick. Yamaha will continue to cherish the good memories and appreciate the work both parties put into the 4.5 years spent together that brought us 8 race victories, 24 podiums, and two third places in the 2017 and 2019 overall rider standings.

8 race victories in 4.5 years….

Do Not Sell My Personal Information