1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vinales Withdrawn By Yamaha For Austria 2 This Weekend

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Freak, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Have to agree, there was no hurry to announce his move unless Aprilia wanted to...... speculating somewhat, with Savadori injured from the first Austria race and missed race 2 with a broken ankle, they need to put someone on the grid at Silverstone (I believe they can miss one round without a replacement rider). With Vinales now out of contract it opens the door for him to replace him immediately.

Just a thought.

2. From possibly the best bike on the grid, to possibly the worst bike on the grid. Nice move Maverick.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Made me chuckle .. Nicked from FB

FQ.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Pleased to see MV has gone with immediate effect. His position was untenable as we all knew anyway.
    Let’s see how he gets on when the odds are stacked against him even further now than before with Aprilia. His frustration with Yamaha will be a drop in the ocean me thinks .

• Like Like x 1
  5. Saw a piece last night where Rossi was interviewed and said, sort of, the vid wasn’t enough to justify his suspension so must be something else gone on

6. Looked like gross misconduct to me. He was never getting away with that…

7. He’s managed to cock it right up. It takes a lot to get toasted out of a team mid season.
    It’ll be interesting to hear the behind the scenes stuff but it doesn’t take Einstein to read between the lines.

I would have thought Dovi would be a good stop gap. Given that they can’t really pull a young rider in from moto2 or 3 mid season. Smooth riding style would suit the Yam and vice versa. Plus he’s got something he wants to prove whereas Crutchlow won’t have that same need to prove himself.

For me it’s no respect for Vinales. In fact I can’t believe I’m being so polite.
    I think we can all look forward to hardly hearing his name on race days.

• Like Like x 1
  8. W
    When I mentioned this, I thought it was joke:thinkingface::joy:

9. looks like a PR stunt as much as anything else, what with it being the British GP and all that but he is Yamaha’s test rider so also a natural choice, Dovi’s not ridden a Yamaha since Tech3 and maybe not race fit at all?

Maybe Cal will have to step in for the rest of the season? Difficult to draft in a new signing mid season, he knows the bike and we’ll have to see what his pace is like, just hope he keeps it on the track :confounded:.

as for MV, never really understood his results, he either seemed to be right up there or after 6 or so laps would get passed by one or two and then suddenly just fall away? Was that really down to the bike/tyres or a mental thing? I’m thinking the latter?………..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information