1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Gallery

Discussion in 'Vintage' started by Rob, Mar 21, 2012.

1. I rather like this shot of the factory in 1979. Those are new partly-assembled Mike Hailwood Replica 900s, with Darmahs at the back.

Ducati MHRs 1979.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. just love looking at these classic dukes,all very.very nice!

3. What colour was it when new, Steve? Blue and silver, black and gold, or something else? Surely not red!

4. In '79 it would have been black and gold.

5. That is pretty impressive. Mine, when tested new only made 67 bhp at the rear wheel.

6. Hi Steve, would you be kind enough and post some pics please?
    Also, what mods have you carried out to the engine? Imola Cams and big pistons? Tnx Enrico

7. That I would like to see @Mr.R . If you ever ride it or take it somewhere, please mention it - I would travel a few miles just to take a look. And maybe a listen.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for that @Mr.R ... Whilst circulating, I remember seeing it parked, at the 2016 (near Ramsey) Manx. I kick myself for not turning around, and stopping for a bog....

Out of interest, did you ever enter it in the annual DOC race, at Snetterton in the 80's?

i also would be interested in meeting up, if you 'ride out' anywhere, or perhaps at this years Manx?

Cheers.....

9. Thanks for that info @Mr.R ... Whilst circulating, I remember seeing it parked, at the 2016 (near Ramsey) Manx. I kick myself for not turning around, and stopping for a bog....

Out of interest, did you ever enter it in the annual DOC race, at Snetterton in the 80's?

i also would be interested in meeting up, if you 'ride out' anywhere, or perhaps at this years Manx?

Cheers.....

10. Thanks Steve

I raced during that time as well.... The Bevel (1981/83) in a few DOC (Bantam club) Ducati only race at Snett. Prodi races (Bemsee,Bantam and Newmarketclubs) and some BOTT races...

Prior to the Bevel CB900FZ and GSX1100.... was runner up in Bantam 1300 prodi class champs....

Regards.....Enrico

me at Snett.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. Which one is #283? :)

12. Couple of pics for anyone interested, product of my tussling with the factory to get my data sheet (discussion still ongoing as factory not acknowledging that DM860SS was a homologation number used for 900 MHR as well as 900 SS in 79/80... gah!

DGM 860SS.jpg DGM 900 MHR.jpg

Attached Files:

13. Here are a few shots of the 1973 450 Scrambler I have acquired. Just a few jobs to do and it will be sorted out.

20180110_153828.jpg

20180110_153926.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  14. 20180110_154005.jpg

20180110_153952.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  15. What a beauty! Congratulations, Pete

What little jobs need doing? Handlebars and petrol, anything else?

16. Apart from putting air in the tyres, petrol in the tank, more oil in the engine, and lube on the chain, I have so far replaced the silencer, the air filter & hose, and the fuel pipes, lubricated the front brake cable, re-wired the lighting switch and dip switch, replaced some unsuitable 12 volt bulbs with 6 volt LEDs, and improved several poor electrical connections. The rotor for the electronic ignition was loose and free to wander at random, which did not do much for the ignition timing. The silly handlebar is not straightforward to replace, since the proper higher bars would leave some of the Bowden cables too short and I will have to source suitable cables first. Still, it's now taxed (at a cost of £0) and insured (insurer gave me a £25 refund), so road legal.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Nice Scrambler, in better condition now than mine was 40 yrs ago. :upyeah:

18. I am awaiting some ignition parts from Bremen, Germany and a throttle cable from Venhills in Dorking. Once those are fitted, I'll be ready to go.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information