1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vodafone Curve Tracker

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by BigAlan, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Saw this advertised and read the bumf and all seemed good, for £20 and £2 a month I thought let’s give it a go.

Arrived this morning and dead easy to setup, excellent battery life according to which setting you want, and it finds it easy. I set up a zone and took it out of it and got the warning straight away, it’s small and can be put almost anywhere you want it to go, even on a child at Alton Towers if you like.

So far as I have been playing with it today I am impressed, I will put it under the seat of my bike wired into the USB socket to charge it while on the move and leave it there when I wander off.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. I looked at this also but I ideally want something that also detects movement/vibration akin to the old Datatool snitcher. Bike thieves dont bother that much about trackers as they are defeated with ease regardless of install location.

3. You lost me. What have you bought?

4. ...plus the SIM cost - yes?

5. I bought a cheap Chinese tracker a few years ago. Cost about a tenner. It does need a Sim card. I use one which has no monthly cost, just the usage. It does work remarkably well. If I txt the number of this Sim I receive a txt back with GPS coordinates of where the tracker is. The txt comes with a link to Google maps so I can instantly see where it is. It's not wired in. I just put it in whatever bike I use on the day. I think anything like this is a good idea.

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. As stated in the original post £2 a month.

7. Ah, yes, didn't read the details well enough. Useful device.

8. linky?

9. The V2 came with a BikeTrac fitted and free for the first year. I can confirm (several times) that it works really well, especially when I'm moving the bike out of the garage and haven't disarmed it :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Hmm. It was at least 2 years ago. It's this one. 15970515362686840721809463092329.jpg 15970515861652311320595045940763.jpg
    I imagine there are smaller and better ones available now. AliExpress.com is my go to place usually. Mine has also a slot for a SD card so it records where it goes. Haven't used that function so can't comment on how good it is. It has a SOS button. When pressed it sends a message with Help in the title and gps position to the designated number. So could be useful for teenagers, wifes, grandparents, etc too.

#11 Akorenika, Aug 10, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2020
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. I work for them, and did see this announced, so would be interested in your feedback once you have done more with it. I'll happily share it with the product team and if there are improvements to be made relating to the product I am sure they will want to know.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information