1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vote For Britain's Best Biking Cafe

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by El Toro, Jan 4, 2019.

1. I like Squires at sherburn for meeting with chums and the oil can cafe/carding shed in Holmfirth for food.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ive never eaten there,to be honest.Teas good though!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Best food in my eyes is the super sausage cafe, jacks Hill is awful. Loomies is not that great, actually crap coffee.
    Rykas isn’t perfect either, food is mediocre coffee is ok but tea is better.
    It’s not the food that makes the place but the people who come here

• Like Like x 1
  4. We go there every few weeks while green laning, luckily the garage next door has a Star Bucks and does hot food so we dont have to use the place.

5. Snap. When I used to go there a lot I’d use the garage instead

6. Sherburn isn’t on the list, and it’s the biggest in the country :thinkingface: it was on the list last year but never saw any results and can’t find any on-line...

7. As So called Bikers cafes go most are crap to our namby pamby expectations of flat white etc. now days, but there are many really good cafes that are biker friendly around that offer great food, decent coffee, table service :) (I hate queuing) decent if not better priced.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. As if I would dream of puffing something in which I had a financial interest without disclosing that interest. Why, that would be unethical ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  9. Table service in a Cafe, blimey that went years ago.
    Next you’ll be asking for a paper to read

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Ha Ha not in the posh gaffs I go in, and some do have papers to read, and still Breaky latte for £6.00-8.00

We Ride Ducs, got to hold a standard :p

11. That must up north somewhere then

12. Ponderosa Cafe' on the 'Horseshoe Pass' near Llangollen.

13. Does anybody actually go somewhere further than 10 miles from their front door then? :rolleyes:

14. Not many. Although tbf gunz recommendation is probably 2 hrs from him

15. I go to the super sausage or jack hills on occasion, 1.5 hours but usually only make it as far as the burger van at on yer bike in Aylesbury which is 45 mins of spirited riding... the food is crap, Hey, this is England.. the ace is 10 mins from me so I pop in there often but not to eat.. just a cuppa or a pint and a catch up with 1950 and a few others that get in there a bit..
    Will have to check out the bike shed but I don't think it will be anything like a good ride from mine..
    The one at box hill? What ever it's called has crap food as well but hey....

• Like Like x 2
  16. A discretionary 12.5% service charge will be added to your bill.

This is another example of americanism creeping into our culture. You'd hope you could opt out of this automatic tip..

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information