1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vote For Britain's Best Biking Cafe

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by El Toro, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Yes. - really miss Hartside. Hope it gets rebuilt.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. I had a lil bbq gig at a pub for a couple of summers..
    My burgers started a £6.00 up to £11.00.
    When we first started people used to be surprised by the prices but it didn't take long for em to realise you were getting what you paid for..
    quality produce and a proper gut filler..
    I've no problem paying £12.00 for a fantastic burger/meal and often do at GBK.
    I'd rather pay that if it's good, than £3.00 for the tradition English idea of a burger.
    A 10p meat Pattie in stale buns.
    Tbh it's not the prices in some of these places that pisses me off ,t's the fact they have great locations, a decent kitchen, and access to great produce , yet still churn out crap...
    I doubt the "cook" in most would even eat what they are peddling..
    It's a real shame

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Krazy Horse in Bury St Edmunds is superb, an out of London type Bike Shed only without the same attitudes. BTW been going to Bike Shed for quite a few years too. Both of these places have a special connection wth bikes, but KH more so as they build the most amazing bikes, and have awesome specials for sale. A genuine and good place to go to.

#43 michel couque, Jan 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  4. Yeah, me. I went to Loomies Café with one of my girls back in the summer. A 2000km odd round trip. She wouldn't even sit down and looked at me like I had two heads for taking her there. Frankly, I wouldn't either, complete disappointment.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Not a bikers cafe but this is one of my favourite weekend brunch places. The Beagle, in Chorlton-cum-Hardy. This well balanced (physically, not nutritionally) plate of high quality calories was £8 except they have a January sale on food for members (free loyalty type thing) so it cost a mighty £5.36. Sweet waffles, buttermilk fried chicken, maple smoked bacon and maple syrup. It's grim up North!

IMG_0847.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. I've already reached my one day moan limit on americanism..

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. That looks fucking disgusting, I wouldn't give that to a dog (see earlier post about visiting UK)!

8. Wellies , just round the corner from Goodwood .Not a bikers cafe , but good breakfast with table service and dog friendly , so Charlie likes it
    https://www.welliestearooms.co.uk/

The cafe in the old air tower at Goodwood circuit is ok too , great when there’s a trackday on for dining al fresco and watching the cars .. gets v busy on breakfast club days

Both more than 10 Miles from me... I live close to Rykas, but only ever meet up there for a cuppa maybe before heading further afield , doesn’t appeal as a place to eat

9. I miss Hartside such a cracking road to it too 2016-05-28.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information