1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waited 18 Years For This To Arrive. One Owner 3700m. Tlc Commences.

Discussion in 'Sport Classic' started by Darcey10, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Are you talking about the orange parking lights?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Lovely bike Darcey, congrats :upyeah:.
    I'd love one to park next to my old MH and nearly bought one a few years ago,
    I still kick myself for missing out on it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Amazing, only ever seen one out and about but you must be ecstatic. They're one of my favourites.

• Like Like x 1
  4. They are marmite but there’s far too many that are just hidden away as investment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Well you posted this thread last thursday and have you not been out yet & if so what's the verdict on the ride/handling etc:thinkingface:

6. I took the 749 out this weekend. I did run the MH up the lane but I’m waiting on the new plate to arrive. She’s tall and long. The side stand is weird.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Blonde or Brunette;),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,your get used to it:upyeah:

8. She’s a redhead.

• Like Like x 2
  9. First ride out...couple of weird raindrops out of nowhere! Love the ride.
    818122C6-639B-4E54-893B-51A9325AF6DF.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  10. Marmite indeed to some, one of the most beautiful pieces of motorcycle art and Terblanche's peak to me. When you look closely you see the philosophy that he used for the 749/999 but in its finest and purest form using the MHR as the baseline. He managed to somehow loose all the components to maintain the purety of the design.

I wonder if the mirrors are for Tamburini (from the 916) or whether they were a factory compromise for road use.

11. Mirrors are superfluous and completely useless. I cannot see anything but my knees!!

12. Guess that makes a change from most other Ducati models where all you can see is ya elbows!

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. For my own safety and peace of mind I had my understand converted to conventional operation.Quite an easy mod I believe,but my dealer did it for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Over the years I've heard a few derogatory comments about these (bike shows, where you normally see them) and really can't understand why.
    I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder etc but these things are just stunning.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I bought my 749 in 2005. I accept to the 916/748 aficionados, it was a step too far but to me, it is simply stunning. The angular tank is heaven. Maybe this is why I have a soft spot for the Bimota DB7 and the like. The MH, you simply forgive the shocking turning circle, mirrors and all the other foibles. Proud to have one that I can ride. PS, I also have a 748r so have the best of three worlds!

• Like Like x 3
  16. Myself I can't see the attraction in the mh..
    It's just plain weird .BUT I would only ever criticize a man's ride in jest ( unless we are talking mutlies) each to their own..
    When the 999 came out, I thought Ducati have gone mad, it should have been called the monster, not the .. errrr. Monster...
    But only from the front, the rest is pure sexiness... Now I think em the nuts.. is that just because I'm getting old and can't be too fussy?

17. Probably. Though maybe your eyesights fcuked?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Here you go... :eyes:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USED-GEN...884667?hash=item4441648c3b:g:raUAAOSwwJVdLleO

• Like Like x 1
  19. Or @chizel creeping up on you;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information