1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waiting

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Arquebus, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Good luck Al. I hope it goes the way of least pain/discomfort for you.

Pete

2. Best wishes to you mate.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  3. Good Luck Al, hope it goes as easy as possible.

4. Sounds like you got a Room full of positive people waiting with you Al - get the kettle on!

Good luck.

5. Cheers All (again).......

I am sitting here with a cup of coffee, having had no really bad effects other than what seemed like the start of flu without any aches overnight.

Apparently the possible time when I may feel rough is after the 2nd or 3rd doses......I think I am having a dose once a week for the next six weeks and thereafter once a month and then every six months for two years.

The worst bit about it is not how they get the stuff into me but what the material actually is........it is a live TB virus vaccination. This stuff has to come out again after two hours, so when I get home, I have to be very careful as to where it goes.

Also suffering with sciatica at the moment after a bout of pleurisy; so things haven't been brilliant since last year.

Anyway, enough detail........so if Pete1950 or anyone wants to drop in, they are always welcome.

Thanks again for the good wishes.

6. Al, I have been treated with 15 doses of BCG over the last year and as you know it's a bit uncomfortable for a few hours after treatment I believe the after effects are normally not too severe. My treatment is not finished yet. My next check up is next Thursday and of course I am hoping my cancer is clear. All the best Al. Try to keep smiling because I know what you are going through.

7. Cheers ariel - so you have worked out what I have.

Although they removed the tumour (grade 3, the most aggressive type) in August last year, they have had a look in twice; once at six months and one at 10 months, it appears to be clear, but they reckon to improve my chances of it not coming back to better than 50/50, the chemo is the right way to go.

Actually the really bad bit was the lumber anesthetic for the operation to remove the damn thing - so I was awake all the time........and a couple of days after that, it was absolute hell.

AL

• Love You Love You x 1
  8. Hi Al.
    Like me you had a grade 3 tumour, in my case,however, I had two tumours and was last checked out in December 2017 when my consultant told me there was no sign of the cancer. Perhaps the BCG treatment has helped to clear things up.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stay positive Al and get well soon.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information