1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Wanted: Pics Of Dvts Fully Packed And Loaded For Holiday Trips

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Riko, May 23, 2018.

1. Don’t punish yourself. 2 or 3 man is more like it. You’ll actually have room to get in and keep a couple of bags in there with you.

I’m a big fan of Vango tents. They do some that pack up very small and they are basically the same as very expensive Terra Nova hiking tents, just without the Gucci carbon poles and fancy fabric.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. upload_2018-5-27_14-24-9.png

/runaway

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Yes. We share a common ancestor.

No hair dryers in my luggage, mind.

• Funny Funny x 2

4. Ah!..................a ruffty tuffty then :upyeah:
    :)

What does it handle like loaded like that, wouldn't panniers be better ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. It handles surprisingly well. Two difficulties though: inadvertent wheelies (weight at the back) and it's difficult to smooch down on the tank when you are pressing on. You adapt though.

Panniers on a T9 need some ironmongery to mount them on, you cannot just throw them over the seat. This is going too far in my book.

If I wanted/had to have panniers, I'd get a tourer.

6. Are these "personal attacks" blokes? :p............:sob:

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Well, as stated. It can deter opportunist thieves who'll nab carbon parts off your bike with the right tools. It means the bike is dry from the morning dew or rain, especially in Scotland. Touring the uk I don't carry a padlock so knowing my bike is next to me in the porch is quite calming. The size of the nomad tent is large, its in the large 89L bag on the rear pillon seat & quite heavy. But I've smaller tents & single bivy kits also.

For me touring europe means cheap or free camping (wild camping/making no mess & taking my litter with me). A spade for the most important bikestops & usually no change of clothes bar socks & pants. So yes the image I've shown was an extremely large amount of kit but I've learnt going abroad less is more.

#48 GunZenBomZ, May 27, 2018
    Last edited: May 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. i think i'd have to take a padlock with the bike being so close with keyless ignition!!

9. Tin-foil has many uses'

10. On the way to Maine from Ohio

image1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. 212.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  12. Somewhere near the border of France and Spain fully loaded for 2 weeks.

20170620_083341_12.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Heading down to the Ardeche on 11th July....

Two hours later I encountered the worst weather I've ever experienced in 36 years of riding.

image1.png

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hi,
    On our (rider&pilion) 25 days journey between Bordeaux and North cape.

Went through Ireland and scotland with the same config this year.

Cool stuff! Nordkapp 2017-_P0A0125-1103-1436x957.jpg Nordkapp 2017-_P0A7918-0550-1436x2154.jpg Nordkapp 2017-_P0A8841-0779-1436x957.jpg Nordkapp 2017-_P0A8698-0743-1436x957.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. finally someone with a real adventure bike.

16. How did you roll bag hold up? I just bought one and off to wales in the morning. I have the oxford T30

17. Off to wales for a sort trip so just the roll bag

IMG_2042.JPG

18. No problem whatsoever... In fact, probably the only thing that stayed completely dry!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information