1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

War movie thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by timberwolf, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Das Boot in German with subtitles.

• Like Like x 2
  2. The original Italian film, not the QT remake.

3. A Bridge to Far is half an hour too long, still good thou :smile:

4. hell in the Pacific

mash

paths of glory

• Like Like x 1

5. I did but ended up visiting a clinic soon after. Filthy mare.

• Like Like x 1
  6. This had all the elements & could have been great but for the fact it was shot like a TV movie. I'd have been pissed if I was an investor. But yeah, deserves a mention here.

7. the Bedford incident

8. Are we related? My great Uncle died on the Hood too. :(

He would have been a MacGuire.

9. I've been wanting to watch that for years, but never got around to it. Good I trust?

10. Twelve o'clock high .

11. although not films, more mini series, Band of Brothers, Pacific and Generation Kill are well worth the investment in time.

12. Oh and while im at it, superb for the time it was made, Battle of Britain.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Above Us the Waves 1955 British war film directed by Ralph Thomas, about human torpedo and midget submarine attacks on the German battleship Tirpitz

14. Lots of great films mentioned!

For me tho Das Boot takes some beating......

Also worth a watch is "They Were Expendible" starring Robert Montgomery and John Wayne, good film about the American PT boats in the Pacific.

15. Downfall
    Stalingrad
    8th Company
    No Mans Land

+ most of whats previously been mentioned

16. Good shout. Funnily enough was listening to the ry cooder soundtrack on youtube only last night.

17. I really enjoyed it.

good acting. good story and not a single swear word

• Like Like x 1
  18. Liking pretty much everything that has been listed but couldn't see that We Were Soldiers was mentioned. A very gripping and tense film, plus I watched a documentary about it recently.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information