1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warning Over Heat Issue - 2009 Ducati 1098r Lithium Battery Failure

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by AirCon, Feb 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is such a basic principle that you’d think that’d be the end of the argument. So many people saying “runs fine on my old bikes charger, but make sure you get a dedicated lithium charger” :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I think the ask though is whether it's recommended, and there are enough links to suggest it isn't on these older Reg/Rec's. It's good that some have used them without issue, I am sure lots will have but it's about risk vs reward. My 848 on a good quality battery has absolutely no issue starting in all conditions, don't even need fancy battery leads... So it's the weight saving I would be going for, and well I need to go to the gym more anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  3. All batteries like a little bit of warmth.... none (of the bike variety) like icy conditions.

Hysterical statement.
    The words you have used have not been used anywhere in this thread; except by you!

#63 AirCon, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2019
  4. Now you have changed the title...again.

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. A garage charger works in a very different way to the bikes charging system. You should tell Ducati to use a special Lithium charging system on the bikes that they fit lithium batteries with, instead of the same charging system used on most Ducatis for the last few years.
    Never needed a garage charger for my lithium equipped bikes, but use on on the wifes "normal" battery fitted bike.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  6. exactly;)

7. In what way does a Garage Charger work differently to the Ducati's on board system, please explain?

8. https://shoraipower.com/en/
    can you clarify for me that Shorei, one of the biggest Lithium ion battery suppliers and probably one of the best available, have got it wrong?
    look at all the lithium ion replacements in particular the range of ducati bikes, listed on their site for std acid batteries that are available, Are they incorrect?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Of course they are. Some bloke who fixes fridges says so :upyeah:

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  10. Nathan Phillips owns a Ducati?

11. yet another technical thread getting ruined by stupid comments... even after mods clean it up once....

well done @bradders

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Seen 2 Ducati’s with Reg/Rec fires with these fitted :thinkingface: ask them if they will cover this before purchase: get it in wrighting too. :):upyeah:
    Ducati day no remember :p

13. They’ve not got it wrong, they know the same info as us which is why they stick this big red warning on their site.

Use of an incorrect battery in your vehicle can be dangerous and will void any guarantee or warranty

They’re in the business of selling their product. Do you really think they care if your bike catches fire? They’re absolved of all blame according to their small print. They’ll simply tell you your charging system wasn’t to the spec of the battery

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ^ the direction this thread content is heading makes me think it could be useful/a good time for some manufacturer related input before it gets shut down or deleted @Tim Maccabee ? @Rob ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. We have had Ducati’s response already???

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. ?! Not sure why well done me. I made a comment. Got abuse for it. Made a snide comment back?! Yet bypassing all the other snide comments. Well done you.

17. It’s worth noting the thread title has changed and now makes some of my comments look out of context. The OP had a habit of doing that.

#77 bradders, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. I'm talking about on this Forum, specifically relating to this thread and content emerging..

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. The OP also likes to sit there and put faceplants and stuff on every comment that does not agree with him. How sad. He claims to be an "expert", the internet is full of them, but then asks:
    Perhaps he does not realise that most battery tenders that are used in garages have desulphate modes and bike charging systems don't. Some expert.

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Did you read Ducati’s response? :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information