1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warning, Strange Bidding On Some Ducati Parts Auctions On Ebay

Discussion in 'Online Retailer reviews' started by Dirty, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Here it is semi complete.....at this point it started but no wiring in....which is the special bit...my mate at work is wiring it up, but I only get him a couple of hours a week if that as he works away a lot. ..yes I could have just put the stock loom back in but the whole loom has been ripped out with a custom loom put in....The clocks are the crowning glory....They look amazing when they boot up...

IMG_4364.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. Very nice :upyeah:.Hmmmm makes me want another supermoto but im skint at the mo but keep eyeing up 690 SMC.If I had the cash id also add a adventure s in Dakar paint to the garage.Loved my KTM's and my old KX500 would have been quite a experience as a supermoto to.

3. Just as a guide the engine cost 1k to coat in xylan but, it's literally impervious to anything....They use it to coat stuff that they bolt to sides of oil rigs...so no matter what weather it's gets caught in (snow and salt included) a quick wipe down and it'll look like new) the problem is, is I've loved doing it and wouldn't mind doing a hyper the same way.... IMG_20141219_164316.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. wish i had the time (and money) for sumit like that. nice one.

5. Cheers....although I'm champing at the bit to ride the thing but can't yet as there's no electrics.... Mechanically its ready to go....I've not actually ridden it at all....just unloaded it from the transit and went at it with spanners!

6. yip looking forward to see this dash. be a shame almost to get it dirty.

7. I could just watch the thing power up....This vid doesn't do the quality of the display any justice....

• Like Like x 1
  8. :Wideyed:

9. cool, plenty info, nice black background. like it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Go to their site....I stumbled across it....it a whole other avenue for debt!

11. It's nice this thread has drifted from all the shouting (apart from @Ducbird still stirring it ;))

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  12. yip, like i need more debt:smile:,

13. well, ultimately it's all about the bikes init? :upyeah:

14. Cheeses titty twister fuck. No way I would spend a 100 for pair of trainers let alone 900. Hell no. I get priorities but that verges on silly me thinks. Spending 2500k on termin is stupid as well when you can get zard at half that but at the same time those termis would the least be worth something in material they are made from (titanium is not cheap) while trainers would be worth nothing. Would not even make a good rug

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I like that one Lucaz, aint heard that before:upyeah:.

The thing is with high end shoes/trainers you are paying for quality materials and craftsmenship from high skilled workers in either UK or Italy.Its always gonna be much cheaper using lower quality materials mass producing in much bigger numbers and paying a 5 yrs old 10p a day to make them in a death trap factory in a far away land helps also lol.

Loake and Grenson are great British brand for the money but if you are feeling flush then its gotta be Gaziano & Girling for shoes or any number of high end designer trainers.The mad thing is if they are a limited edition they sell out fast and fetch much higher prices than RRP on fleabay and fashion forums.

Just click on Christian Loubuotin or Giuseppe Zanotti site for mens trainers but you will have a fecking heart attack when you see the prices lol.Way over my budget also hense I grab bargains on ebay or in sales.

Then again top quality bike parts aint cheap especially if they have that all important ducati label on them .I wonder what highly skilled bike parts /high end clothes craftsmen/women are on per hour for wages.

#135 matt#corse, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  16. That's the other half's mentality when returning with yet another bag or pair of shoes.

More than 4 times what I would pay for shoes but as they were half price, it must be a bargain.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I don't mind the odd bit of designer, but if it looks crap then it simply looks crap! And will be old news the following year/season and worth fuck all.
    I used to work with a bloke who would spend all his money and I mean all of it, on designer gear and TBH he looked f;ing daft, it all looked hideous and when criticised he would simply say "it's designer" like that made it all ok.
    Each to their own and all that.

18. That Price shocked me so much Matt LoL

19. Each to their own. I used to spend a lot of money on so called designer clothes, shoes etc but then got married and had kids so all that went.

I get to buy a new bike every now and then and that's my treat.

If the boy's into that gear and likes how it looks then he's on a winner reaming it from Ebay at 30% of RRP I say.

• Like Like x 1
  20. So which is it? Are the high prices genuinely justified by quality materials and craftsmanship? Or are they merely caused by bubbles, artificial scarcity, and herd-like buyers?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information