1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warning Tyre Malfunction

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Peter turner, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Ah...I see

2. I'd imagine they are tubeless.

3. You have a vivid imagination then cos they have a tube :p

4. #amazedatoldtechonroadbikethatnevergoesoffroadbutnowmakesusingtyresandmaintenancedifficult

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. As ET said the classic has tubes so i assumed the sled had tubes also.

6. If it's a tubed tyre, then surely we're just talking about a puncture

7. I know technology moves on but I've never come across a tubeless spoked wheel, I would imagine it'd be very difficult to seal.
    Steve

8. They do them. They seal the spokes using a special tape or something.

9. I should have just Google it, it seems they do, you live and learn.
    Thanks for enlightening me.
    Steve

10. BMW 1200 GS for starters :rolleyes:

11. Says tubeless on the tyre the tyres are specially made they are a scorpion it's only for the sled no other bikes that tyre.

12. Says tubeless on the tyre the tyres are specially made they are a scorpion it's only for the sled no other bikes that tyre.

Specially made for the Sled it's a scorpion tyre and it's tubless says so on the actual tyre

13. There are lots of tubeless tyres for spoked rims out there :)

14. From a quick Google re Scamblie Spoked Wheels:

'Afraid not. I was hoping they were tubeless too, but my dealer checked with Ducati UK and they confirmed that the spoked wheels are tubed'

15. Just a puncture then?
    Always thought a tube in a tubeless tyre =heat and lots of it..
    Low ish performance machines must be ok..

Live and learn:bucktooth:

17. Not on the sled there not they are tubeless

18. The tyres are Tubeless but they run tubes - hence the reason for the discussion I found - have you checked there is no tube in there yet?

19. So did i. Am sure my old 2004 GS warned against it in big red letters

20. The confusion seems to stem from the classic scrambler running tubes and most google searches lead to this the Desert sled on the other hand seems to be tubeless,well the manual says it is buy its a Ducati manual so that could be wrong.Should amend the thread title as its not really a tyre problem more of a wheel problem.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information