1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Warranty Recall

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Philnanks, May 3, 2017.

1. So do you use the inner bags of just leave a trail of socks and pants behind you?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. I try not to leave underwear, specially if it's clean :grinning:
    Yes, I have pannier bags; not cheap, but well made...and a lot easier to manhandle than the panniers.

3. Managed to totally confuse me by doing that:grinning:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. This threads all over the place now but for those that replied to my post....

1. No didn't get arrested
    2. Thanks for the support message
    3. Should I name and shame or give them the opportunity to step up to the plate? Either way I'll wait to see what the boss man says tomorrow and Ducati UK.
    Premium product but I've had a far from previous service that's for sure.
    Still fuming!

5. Yep, happened to me ! Replaced under warranty

6. A few weeks ago the engine management light came on and my 2016 DVT turned into a moped with only enough power to limp into the dealer. The workshop was closed so I was given a loan bike and left mine for further investigation. It was later diagnosed as the throttle sensor in the twist grip assembly which was replaced. When I went to pick her up I was informed this had just turned into a recall. I was also handed 2 stronger lugs for my panniers.
    Excellent service from the boys at SMC and after a week or so on a Tracer 700 its great to be back on the DVT. (No surprise there then)

7. As the cases move back keep them lifted to the top of their slots, lift the weight. This should disengage the lugs smoothly, particularly the front one

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Defense de fumer ici.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I have just been to my dealership so they could check my panniers to see if they are subject to the recall - they are and will be replaced.
    While there I asked about any other recalls affecting my bike (2015 DVT Multi) and, apparently, there are none. The dealership thinks that what some people (bikers and dealerships) might be confusingly calling 'recalls' are probably no more than a form of advisory which, when an affected bike is next into the dealership for any reason, whether service or engine management light etc. should be checked out and, if appropriate, sorted out.
    So, apart from the panniers (which isn't a safety recall) it seems there are no other 'recalls' beyond those already known (such as the side stand and something to do with the tank/fuel leak) and about which the registered owners should have been contacted direct by Ducati.

edit - I've just had a call from my dealership to inform me that the panniers don't actually need to be replaced, just the part of the rear lugs that lock the panniers to the frame - I'm not sure how this fixes the weak front lugs...but I guess Ducati know best!

#50 Stanford, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
  10. I've tried that but it doesn't help. The left pannier is harder to remove than the right one, putting the bike on the centre stand seems to help on some occasions but not on others. A while back I used inner bags on a Yamaha but found they limited the available space even more and my wife would always overpack them and the cases wouldn't close.

11. Just got mine back from annual service, the throttle was changed under recall, not quite sure why.

I was also told there were no software updates, but the bike felt a lot smoother when I picked it up. Which surprised me because I'd been given a Tiger 800 as a loan bike which whilst crushingly dull, was silky smooth.

I was expecting the Duc to feel a bit rough in comparison, but it didn't.

12. Just got the recall letter today for our (his) Enduro . At least he's prepared for it thanks to this forum!

13. This is starting to worry me. So far I have read here failed rear shocks, shocks with too much play, non responsive throttle grips, failed heated grips, starter motor issues, engine light on. Had none of the above but makes me wonder if I did the right thing buying it. Mind you the bike is a rocket and I love it.

14. On most forums those having problems or disliking their bike are over represented. There aren't too many threads started 'i love the multi no problems'.

15. i have done 17000 miles on my multistrada enduro, the length of south america the rear shock has had a very hard time. i have had the recall letter, and checked shock no visable cracks. The front wheel bearings on two enduros failed, other than this problem i had no isues.

Sent from my TX201LA using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information