1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Was: 1198 R Questions, Now: Sp And Corse Questions Too :)

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by John W, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Well done.
    It looks a nice bike. I'm envious.
    Its not the one from Sheffield Is it?
    Tom.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thank you for the kind words.
    Yes it was indeed. To be honest I thought it was a good price for what you get. The bike has 9000 on the clock and bar a very small amount of corrosion on the tank round the filler hole it’s mint. There is no dirt or rust to be seen. Had an 899 before but this bike just feels special.

• Like Like x 1
  3. That is stunning!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lurverly :heart_eyes:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Congrats! Love that colour scheme.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I looked at the bike when it was in their showroom, and I agree it is a very clean example. When I made my enquiries, they had a box full of the original parts that had been replaced, I hope they included them when you bought it?
    In the end I bought an 1198SP instead which I like a lot, but it doesn't have the Corse SE paintwork.
    Good luck with the bike.
    Tom.

7. I received the original can's with the standard ECU, 2 screen's and the data analyser. Interesting you mention about the replaced parts... I'm curious to find out exactly what was replaced.

8. It's some time ago since I saw the bike, but as I recall the passenger seat, the passenger footrests and number plate lower reflector panel were not fitted, a carbon exhaust heat shield was fitted, and an alternative rider seat was available, there was a small mark on the original when I looked at it, all the books were present with some receipts and history, and the front brake discs had been replaced (12 stud not 6). There was no bike cover and no rear stand with it.
    I think I did an HPI check and there were no significant issues, but I'm sure you did similar checks.
    Hope this is of interest, and if you need anything further please let me know.
    It's a great looking bike!
    Tom.

9. Cheers Tom,
    I had indeed noticed that no rear seat or pegs were provided but had assumed the bike may well have been sold from new like that.
    I will make an enquiry to the boys in Sheffield. They were very friendly so I am sure they will be able to fill me in with the details. The bike did come with a stand however I forgot to mention this. Was this bike originally sold with a cover?

Appreciate the information, thanks mate.

10. Very nice, it looks like a cracker.

11. Depending on the supplying dealer, they may have been supplied with a cover and a stand. They should all have come with the optional rear seat and foot pegs, many were never fitted and they often become separated from the bike. I asked them about the missing rear number plate lower reflector and I'm sure they told me they had one?
    Hope they get you sorted.
    Tom.

12. Thanks mate
    To be honest I am not too fussed about the reflector or even the seat/pegs. Although nice to have to keep the bike complete. I will be looking at buying a tail tidy to sort the rear end out anyway.

13. I've been offered a 1098 and wondered what the difference is between this and the 1198 apart from the bleeding obvious 100.
    Is the 1198 an upgraded 1098?
    Any help greatly appreciated.

14. The 1098 is an 1198 if you are talking R models :):upyeah: the 1198 has a stronger bottom end...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. .......or the Streetfighter 1098, which is a 1098 and has a stronger bottom end. :thinkingface:

16. Indeed, you learn well grassjumper :bucktooth:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. 1198 has 10 bhp more, as mentioned stronger main bearing and is fooking nuts to ride.

18. Yes, just that depending on whether base model/S/R or whatnot!

19. I think someone on here is selling white one..has been for ages....

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Thanks for the help, I don't know anymore about the bike, when i do I'll let you know.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information