1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Was It Really That Bad ?

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by noobie, Nov 7, 2016.

1. IMG_1419.JPG It's fuckin awesome. I've my 'S' for a week, ridden it once and am in the process of buying an 'R'. Keeping the 998 in any case as I'm not sure which has the sexiest rear end!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Nice 999s Mono Nero...

How come you keep your bikes in the loft?? :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. She's lovely, very very happy (hence the 'R'), didn't realise what I had been missing. It's the only space I have remaining, the garage is full of cars!

4. No need to apologise :blush:

5. You can fit 4 bikes per car, are you ok in the head :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I am going to ask about elephant in the room how do you get those bikes up to the loft and down again?

Also 916 up where great bikes yes but they aged badly, if you look at them now in comparison to new they are not that good.
    So not such great design.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I have a 999 Mono Nero, one of the very last; deep sump, lots of carbon, full system. It was a one off order of a Nero Mono on a non S 999. Had it 6 yrs, its only done 4k miles from new. It sits under a cover in the garage most of the time and I just sit and stare at it sometimes. I truly believe they are a work of art. And I do a few hundred miles each year on it, rides beautifully, sounds like gods going tom war. I've sometimes wondered about selling it but I honestly don't think I ever will. If I did, I know I'd never find another as good again. And its now worth more than I paid for it, what more could you want.
    IMG_0257.jpg IMG_0258.jpg .

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I must confess I'm warming to them..well some of them like this beauty..

9. Is that before you put the full system on it?

10. Well I have full system now so need mapping and some carbon goodies.

• Like Like x 1

11. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. S
    Yes says SPECSAVERS OPTICIANS on it that is where you need to go Nelson to get treatment.
    Glad to help my blind fellow rider.

13. I loved the 916 and didn't get the new look straight away but after i saw one in flesh i knew i needed one! and now have two lol

IMG_0853.JPG

IMG_1377.JPG

14. Nelson did a funny repeating his joke two seconds later is just sad.

15. Nelson needs a care taker now? Now I am sure spec savers is needed. This was a joke before from both sides but u now honestly worry about you two. Lol

16. Way late here sir - my apologies!! If you still on lookout for one I'll try and check out where it came from. Quite possibly from Carbon moto, or Design Corse.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Still love my 749s only 7000 on the clock FSH all belts done and full service just done 05 plate and mint.

508 (2).JPG

#198 Daveboy 749s, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Nice...
    Do you have some kind of cover on the swingarm??

19. No it's a black swingarm

Do Not Sell My Personal Information