1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watches

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by idrinkbeer, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Hi
    how you finding it? I was looking to buy one as I really like the style. Is it heavy and feel well built?

2. Nice!

I've really liked Glashuttes for a while. Been looking for a rose-gold Senator Power-reserve for a long time after I passed up on one in Spain but they're rarer than hen's teeth!

3. I'd recommend them in a heart beat, photos, even macro shots don't do the watch any justice at all, it's stunning in person. Wears slightly larger than the 40mm would have you believe

4. just a good old working class one here

P1040163.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  5. 78A59528-67E7-4DD2-B77D-0FBB8EF993F3.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  6. My Christmas present to my self

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. How cool - apologies if been posted already

• Like Like x 3
  8. It has, but you are forgiven as it's worth watching again. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wow!:eek:

10. here is my Russian collection

P1040196.JPG

P1040197.JPG

P1040199.JPG

P1040201.JPG

P1040203.JPG

P1040204.JPG

11. Very functional tovaritch!

12. spasibo ...

13. Been looking at new watches and I hadn’t read all of this thread until now. I’ve picked the Panerai the same as yours and now just seen that you have one! I hate you :joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. what you really want is a preloved 118 on a Dirk strap for £3500...

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Just added this to my collection
    Working on the principle that if you have an Italian bike you should have an Italian watch ( albeit made in Switzerland)

Panerai.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  16. Panerai is owned by a Swiss company.
    What does make it an italian watch?

Unless it's an old one..

17. well if you wish to be technical you are correct which i suppose is a bit like Ducati being owned by Audi ...
    Panerai established in Florence iwhich is in Italy in 1860. The watches are still stamped as such always have been made in Switzerland even in the very early days there was the collaboration with Rolex for cases and movements.

They did not really sell a watch to the public until as it is now in about 1993 and then when taken over by the Vendome group or Richmont as it is now pre vendome Panerai command a very high price. Pre 93 are simply astounding in cost terms if you can find one

Richmont group own many of the well known watch brands - IWC, Jaeger-LeCoultre, Panerai to name but a few

So is it Italian

A moot point i suppose but it says Firenze on the back

18. Should have stuck in at school.....

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information