1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watches

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by idrinkbeer, Aug 22, 2015.

1. expelled for nicking a watch.................

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Ducatis are made in Italy tho .

I guess Goodfella pizzas are italian, albeit made in Ireland and owned by Nomad foods

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Dont get me wrong. Nice watches in their own way.

Similar to how Heuer watches went with TAG

4. My Heuer, Tag Heuer is simply branded Heuer. :)

tag-heuer-mens-monaco-gulf-special-edition-calibre-11-watch-p21757-26178_image.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  5. This is my Yacht master 40 I bought last month. Pictures don’t do it justice in my opinion. 76C697E7-0812-43BC-8812-9C48308B23FD.png

• Like Like x 7
  6. Bought my GMT II in 2001 for £3,200. Now insured for £12,000 dealer offered me £14,000 for it when it went in for a service in December.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Rolex authorised service centre or independent?
    Just curious as I have a few Rolex and always curious to see how they are fairing price wise.

8. Steel sports doing very well. Rolex seem to have gone all "Daytona' on all steel sports. In other words, very limited production/release to end user.
    I pass through Schipol airport a lot and there are a few AD's there. Not seen a steel sports for yonks. And I've actually bought a Daytona and Seadweller (both list) while passing through in the past. Wish I'd kept them. I've Seadweller as a daily but i bought that back in 94.

9. Good to know. I’ve a couple of Daytona’s, one vintage, one non. The non vintage through luck alone is an APH dial. It bugged me at first but now glad I didn’t move it on.

10. Unless it was a present or of sentimental value, I'd have snapped his hand off!

The watch market like all markets, ebb and flow. Rolex are playing the supply and demand game right now. They may decide to up production next week and saturate the market and clean up (they have history here)The bubble will burst for sure. It's guessing when.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. 73C3611A-2F73-4556-9424-034C76326DAA.jpeg
    I am loving my latest acquisition. FOC and right twice a day!

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Just started collecting watches out last weekend got these 2 for me and the garden tool

Snapchat-770567742.jpg

Snapchat-726222941.jpg

received_193206361901040.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Baaaaaaaaahhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha........ etc :D

14. I know where's there's a Rolex buried if anyone's hard up. You'd have to wrestle it off a skeleton right enough....:eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Suspect the undertakers might have had a hand in that - it was a well known scam to remove jewellery at the last minute...….

16. IMG_20200309_114540.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. If they've not taken it, the widow has probably already been back with a spade...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  18. This isn’t intended to be insensitive but kind of intertwining with the ‘Benefit of Covid 19’ thread, should be we seeing some pretty good deals coming up from cash strapped people offloading their wrist attire?
    Ive been pretty lucky and so far just lost out on a couple of track day deposits + flights and that’s it, however I’ve always had a hard on for a Rolex Submariner and although its completely unplanned I reckon over the next 6 weeks there will be some good opportunity’s to poach a decent one.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Yep.

And classic cars should come down too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. And bikes

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information