1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watches

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by idrinkbeer, Aug 22, 2015.

1. “Need”, now that is the crux of the matter. As with Ducati, “need” is an equation, need = n+1 where ‘n’ is the number of Ducatis/Omegas you have. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  2. upload_2020-4-3_11-45-57.jpeg If you’re looking for a Speedmaster , it’s got to be Cal321 pre-moon

• Like Like x 2
  3. Nice. Long story but my choice is limited to the latest Master Co-axial movement. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  4. General question, does anyone have a Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean ?

5. 865FDB59-984B-48DA-B28F-C7A75C5D2EF5.jpeg I like this a lot...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yes mate, got 2, a 2500D movement slimmer model and a later 8500 movement in a different colour. My daily watch is a 5 year old Oris Aquis date though. Tough as fuck the Oris is, has taken beatings for 5 years in a heavy industry, hardly a mark on it. Anyway Noobs, what about the PO ??

• Like Like x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  7. It funny y'know. When these first came out they sold like hot cakes. But before too long everyone was chopping them in because they were too chunky. The upbeat was you could get one for a song. Dealers were full of em. Not now though- they're doing super strong dough just like all the other Rolex steel sports.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I have this Omega PO Good planet GMT which I have owned for some years now, picked it up off a work colleague for a v good price - not sure what it's worth now but it won't be going anywhere.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  9. That’s the story of my life, late for everything. I’d be too scared to buy one privately so it would have to be a dealer, therefore bloody expensive!!
    You never know there may be a few deals around in the near future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. For sure. There's bugger all moving now. Keep yer eyes peeled :):upyeah:

11. That's nice. I like that a lot :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Ban this clown ! :mad:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. I fancy a 'Hulk' :heart_eyes:

The thing is, I just don't see the fire sale happening. People on here are prediciting the used Ducatis are going to drop through the floor, but how many are looking to offload their bikes (or watches) for a fraction of what they would have got for them a few short months ago? None. :bucktooth: So where are they going to come from?

Now some people will be forced to let stuff go, and there will be less cash about for a while, but for me, that's a reason for me to keep my stuff. :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. I think these would have to drop another 60% for me to pull the pin, and thet's never going to happen unless an extinction level event asteroid is spotted heading for Earth. :thinkingface:

Bloody nice though. But if I was in the market, I'd just put my name on the list for a new one and wait.

Screenshot 2020-04-07 at 10.28.58.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mate, privately will be more expensive than dealer. Also you could walk into a dealership with 15k cash and ask for that watch that day and you'd get politely told to jog on.

Just taken me 6 weeks and after getting hold of most dealerships going, conviniently my local has done me a huge favour by just even taking down my details and promising a face to face when the world returns to normal.

#337 Bondy7070, Apr 7, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  16. Grey markets already dropping, but this turn of events having an effect on the new market? Non existent, might drop your wait time a bit that's it.

17. Grey markets completely wrapped its tits in.
    Two tone Date Sub, new, full set £700 over RRP as well on C24.

Screenshot_20200409_094037_com.facebook.katana.jpg

18. I wondered how long I would be on a Ducati Forum until I found a “Watch” thread.

Almost as funny as the “Show us your holiday home” on a specific car forum I use.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information