1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watches

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by idrinkbeer, Aug 22, 2015.

1. I'd love one but it's dangerous that kind of money on a watch when you don't know what's a good buy and what's not.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Omega Seamaster 300m. Solid, great looking watch without trying to look like a footballer or fashion victim. Not stupid money. Be tight and buy one like new for around £1500. Might not be going up in value but not going down either.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. 4219573D-45D7-46AA-A881-D9A65F5ED62B.jpeg A couple of mine

• Like Like x 4
  4. A couple of mine..
    20191226_131550.jpg

• Like Like x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mine is a 2000 mid size. Not really into watches but love this. Paid £950 new, serviced once for about £300 and new strap last year £500 less £200 px on old one = £300.
    I wear it every day and have done so for 20 years. Will hi to my first grandson.
    C467A321-E081-4142-B77B-80F728A3C800.jpeg

#148 Expat Jack, Jan 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Lovely watch and a ballsy shirt mate :joy:

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Party time (again) :upyeah::):party:

• Like Like x 1
  8. My thoughts exactly :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. If its willy waving, mine's gone in...

10. And the answer is, expat IS fatboy slim

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Great to find this watch thread. I love my watches and have a fair few in my 'collection' now. I am particularly keen on A Lange & Sohne (sadly have none due to price :p) and [Grand] Seiko. Here are a few of mine should anyone have any interest at all...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  12. Generalisation I know, I've noticed on the Omega's and rolex's shown that there are a lot who have chosen the plain watch rather than the same model but with the two additional dials for stop watch etc

Is there a reason for this, are the plainer watches more attractive on resale?

13. No. Limited runs often dictate resale value.

14. Like that Seiko! They’re all nice of course but the Seiko caught my eye as I’ve not seen that model before

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dunno. For me its about practicality, a solid, divers style, waterproof watch. With an easy to read dial. My eyes are not as good as they were lol. Same watch as per post 148. Bonus that the Omega seems to be mega reliable and hardwearing. Mine is worn every day and only removed if plastering or painting! Only a few very small scuffs on the clasp which would probably polish out, if I was bothered.
    I do like the 'wave' dial on the Seamster. It doesn't show up on the pictures though. Paid £1500 for mine a few years back after looking at new ones around £3 to 3.5k. Spotted mine in a display case at a Newcastle jewellers store and thought it was new. Looked unworn.
    I don't really think (ATM) they are collectors items or even destined to be due to the large numbers available. Thats not an interest to me anyway and folks looking for investment watches would probably look at other models or makes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. V nice mate

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information