1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waterless Coolant

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Robarano, Mar 19, 2016.

1. That's exactly what it isn't. As the Jay Leno video states, it's non toxic. Try drinking anti-freeze if you think it's the same thing.

It doesn't need corrosion inhibitors as there is nothing corrosive in the engine. You seem against putting it in your Ducati. But you are happy to fill 50% of your cooling system with what comes out of your kitchen tap :Hilarious: or does it get Evian?

2. Dude....I got this from the safety guidance on their Web site.
    It's antifreeze and it will make you sick if you drink it.
    If any water is present (above 3% by mass) it will make the coolant acidic.
    And I only use distilled water in my Ducati, even Highland spring wouldn't get in.:Angelic:

#23 AirCon, Mar 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2016
  3. Sorry where does the 356°F come from?
    Is there a technical source for this number?

4. The 180 degrees C quoted by Evans as the boiling point of their product.

5. That's where we differ, because water of any description wouldn't get anywhere near mine.

If your statement about water of more than 3% making the coolant acidic. And you think that this product is simply anti-freeze. How acidic is your distilled water / anti-freeze mix?

You theory about glycol doesn't look correct, looking at it's boiling point.
    Screen Shot 2016-03-19 at 21.33.38.png

6. The words NPG in the name of their products stands for Non AQUEOUS Propylene Glycol.
    If you read the technical notes for the aircraft industry and racing it has far less marketing speak and much more fact.
    Banned on race tracks as it is recognised as antifreeze being both flammable and slippery.
    On aircraft the engine mods include high flow "water" pumps, high flow radiators and removal of the thermostat.

#27 AirCon, Mar 19, 2016
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  7. Well, I said I wasn't getting into a debate, which as usual with this product it always seems to decend to.

I've said my final word on it, needless to say, I'm very happy with my choices.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I think your post has caused me to at least consider it.:Bookworm:
    We've both been on the same page with the science, perhaps a raw nerve knowing you could DIY it for one tenth of the total cost?:Bag:

#29 AirCon, Mar 19, 2016
  9. No raw nerve dude. Sometimes you just have to agree to disagree. It's not worth getting worked up on a forum.

I'm gutted about the cost, having been duped by Evans. I could have spent that money on some magic beanstalk beans I had my eyes on. :Woot:

10. Has anyone else been following this thread.
    Am I missing another basic point. Please put me back on the right track.

11. upload_2016-3-19_22-24-1.png

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Oh god, just what we need, another opinion on this. :Meh:

Unless a spokesperson from Evans wants to add something on the recipe of their coolant. I'm not interested.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  13. I love a good retaliatory Nuke. :) :upyeah:

14. Please not a spokesperson. Chemist or Engineer or even the owner. I hate marketing speak. Give us the real information.

15. I tried to offer evidence and sources for all my points, rather than just quote stuff I thought. Sorry if my style offended.

16. The nuke was for the bold'ing of opinion.

17. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. .....or maybe the holding of an opinion.

19. If you look back over the posts you'll see that I was considering Evans as some of the benefits are worth having, just on balance I wouldn't do it. They may still be able to convince me!
    Having a different opinion is great.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information