1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waterproof Handlebar Bags & Givi V47 Liners

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by damodici, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Little update:

Had both Kriega harness pockets delivered, as usual great quality but they won't fit to my handlebars due to the way the risers stand much taller than the bars so the straps won't wrap around and secure. Obviously they not intended to fit anything other than the backpacks so can't moan.

The newer XL one is great in its height & width, but it isn't anywhere near as deep as the smaller one which is annoying. Never mind, they'll have to go back.

Now have the GIVI T516 handlebar bag on route so will check that out later in the week. If that doesn't work i'll opt for El T's suggestion of the saucy Givi leg bag, after that....fuck it, ill go old school and just hold everyone up at toll roads while i rattle around in my luggage for the bits i need :upyeah:

2. Seriously the leg bag works a treat at tolls.........I tried a couple of methods over the past couple of years which were hopeless and left you fumbling at the toll booths, so I gave the Givi leg bag a try this year in Italy. With a bit of planning as you roll up to the toll booth the leg bag option works brilliantly :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well I've still time before the trip (8th September sail from Plymouth) to give the handlebar bag a go, return it and then get the leg bag.

I kinda like to ride as free of shit as possible, my Kriega backpack isn't so bad (R20) but I'm not taking it this time due to fitting a top box to the XR. Bum bags (aka fanny packs) just don't work for me, they always feel like they're in the wrong place or rubbing on the seat.

The handlebar bag might be ok, but it looks pretty deep so if it starts rubbing on the tank, or blocking the clocks, then leg bag it is.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information