1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wayne Rainey Rides Again

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Robarano, Nov 8, 2019.

1. That music was fucken annoying over that video, kinda spoiled it...loved to see Wayne back in his happy place tho, he was a frikken legend! Saw him race in Eng in 92 when I was living there. Was a terrible way to end for him and IIRC Schwantz ended up with the championship as a result, which must have felt a very hollow victory for him...in fact he gave up after that I think?

2. Absolute legend Rainey and all the other guys of that era, fantastic to see him looking so happy and absolutely buzzing after that ride..great stuff :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Also meant to say if Shoei released that Rainey replica helmet I’d buy one in a flash, much better than some of the absolutely gash colour schemes they have at present!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Not ashamed to say this made me cry. Partly for selfish reasons because of what could have been ,but mainly the humility and strength of character that is Wayne Rainey. A gentleman and true champion in every way.

• Like Like x 2
  5. :)

• Like Like x 3
  6. Brilliant, good to see Eddie there as well.
    Legends one and all.

7. That era was when I got into bike racing properly, yes I remember Sheene and Roberts but I think these guys were at another level.

Loved the Rainey and Shwantz battles, pity Kev couldn’t have made it too but fantastic to see Rainey on a Yammy again.
    Back then my mate had an RD500 in Marlboro colours and he had Rainey’s helmet. Doesn’t seem like 26 years ago

• Like Like x 1
  8. Now who have I got here?
    Taken November 1990 Brands Hatch 'Save The Children'
    I was fortunate to be racing that day too.

File0117a.jpg

File0102a.jpg

File0107a.jpg

File0108b.jpg

File0109a.jpg

File0110a.jpg

File0113a.jpg

File0114a.jpg

File0115a.jpg

File0116a.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. Wow, proper racers there. I remember the fuss about those Norton’s in 88?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information