1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wdfw 2020 - South Wales 24-27 April

Discussion in 'Touring' started by West Cork Paul, Dec 29, 2019.

1. You could always do the weekend and take the routes and just meet at stop points. A few on the moc weekends do that, for the same reason.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. All round yours for tea then:upyeah::D

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. that would be cool.............

• Like Like x 1
  4. Isn’t it nice when folk invite themselves over!
    :)
    You’re going to need a bigger teapot!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. i was thinking of loaning a trough ..........

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Where will your girlfriend be able to get a drink, peanut? Best think again!

7. Spring-time she is very much al-fresco silly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. In South Wales, you’re brave.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. For all those Tory pigs to quaff out of :D.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Loz, are you thinking of joining us? @bradders will probably be on a BMW so I suppose your camel will be ok;).

Just think, you and Portboy can make friends with each other:):upyeah:.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Would love to Paul but I will be working then.

I couldn't bring the camel in any event. You know how excitable peanut gets.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Update.

1. I changed the thread title. No Wdfw does not stand for What de f**k wan*k*r!, it stands for Wales Ducati Forum Weekend 2020; as there's a WDW 2020 I thought I'd reference that :).

2. I've found a suitable hotel. The Beacons Guesthouse right in the centre of Brecon. They have 14 rooms, room rates for the 3 nights vary from £165 for a single with en-suite; £165 for a twin with a shared bathroom; £225 for a double with en-suite (that's for the room not per person) to £285 for a superking. I've reserved all the rooms for now bar one double which some other poor sod, not part of our group, has already booked:confused:. Rates include a full Welsh breakfast each day. Quite reasonable I thought and it gets good reviews. Even better, it has a big barn out the back so the bikes can be locked away in there each night safe and secure:upyeah::).

So now it's crunch time. Who's definitely in as I have to confirm the reservation in the coming days. From the thread above it seems to be:
    Me
    @bradders
    @Expat Jack
    @chizel
    @Dox
    @grahamg
    @Clarkey63
    @Sam1199 (maybe)
    @brettski + 1

plus a few others said maybe:thinkingface:

Anyone else?

@El Toro you'll be lonely on the NC500 on your own, plus the weather's bound to better in Wales that time of year:D

13. I'd love to but I'm away 1-3 May 20 on rugby tour. Then a couple of weeks after I'm heading to the Picos.

If I find my self single in the coming weeks I'll check back with you to see if any rooms still available, but for now I'll have to sadly decline. Thanks for the opportunity.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. I'm hoping to be in Kathmandu that weekend, picking up a Royal Enfield for a two week trip through Tibet to Everest Base Camp. I just need to rearrange some tricky work stuff. If it doesn't come off then I'll be up for WDFW. I should know either way in the next week or so. I'll let you know.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Peterstone court is nice in Brecon , or Llangoed hall just outside Lyswen , or a lot of events use Clyro court just outside hay on wye, as it is cheaper, the annual adventure biking horizons unlimited uses them for the whole event.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. im up for it... had a look on booking.com but i think as youve booked all the rooms, it wont give me a price.. how are we working this?

17. What's the average age here lads?

18. average is about 60.. but thats only coz im 45

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information