1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Wdw Race Of Champions

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by 900streetfighter, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Yep - thats a lot of cake for essentially a standard bike with a paint job and a couple of end cans....better off just buying a speciale/v4s, taking the bodywork off, buying some crashed panels/bodywork ( matter of time) and then getting them sprayed up...

2. Here's the additional spec above the S the ad says.... I've not priced it up.....but.... 120k seems a lot!!

Equipaggiamento speciale
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    • Sella racing in tessuto tecnico
    • Plexiglass maggiorato
    • Cover fori specchi
    • Protezione leva freno
    • Silenziatori racing Akrapovic
    • Kit pedane pilota regolabili
    • Protezione forcellone in carbonio e titanio
    • Set cover rimozione portatarga
    • Tappo serbatoio in alluminio dal pieno
    • Leva freno Rizoma
    • Leva frizione Rizoma

3. Ooof, nice work Sonic! And that reminds me, I need a taller screen and race seat for mine. I was having to hold on hard to stop my arse sliding backwards last time out :)

4. Interesting. So you don't get a full race system, just the end cans. So does that mean the bikes as ridden at WDW 2018 were the bog standard engine spec ? That puts an entirely different perspective on the times. Andy

5. I think the engines are bog standard, yes. But you'll find out when you get yours, 'bog standard' ain't slow!!

6. I thought that the lap times were impressive without realising that they were in slug mode. With the full race system those times could have been faster which is more impressive. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. It's an astonishing engine. That's all...

8. Tbf unlike almost every race bike people drool over, this is exactly what Baylis rode! :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I've still not ridden our demonstrator and on the current delivery schedule, I have another 3 months to wait for mine :worried: Andy

10. Hey,Exige it looks pretty good in the 21 colour scheme;)

11. Take it for a spin! Give it the beans in 4th and listen to yourself laughing. And swearing... The electronics keep things in shape in the lower gears (unlike the monster that is the 1098R) but from 3rd or 4th onwards you get the lot. And it's ace!
    It's very flicky too, compared to the 1098R. Look where you want to go and it goes there, without the wrestle. Fabby bike.

12. I really wish you hadn't said that but I suspected that the V4 would supplant the 1098R. Going to have to wait until Almeria next year to find out now. Andy

13. The V4 is next level fast. Hardly surprising as the 1098R is 10 years old! I'd still maintain a well ridden 1098R will stay with just about anything. It's still a bloody fast bike in the right hands (which aren't mine btw) and is most certainly harder work than the V4.
    The electronics is key here. The way the V4 lays down the power is excellent. If the electronic interface were removed there'd be splattered V4 owners all over the world now. Including me probably.
    You've got a 1098R so you know the score- bonkers from the get go.... I'll have to concentrate when I switch from the V4 to the R. Whacking the gas on too quickly will end in tears...

14. 1 Day to go - Bayliss bike is up to EUR 120,350!!! and it came last and went into the gravel :thinkingface:
    All the others are between EUR30k and 50K

15. Did he go down? Or just a bit of off road? Bet he was cursing the ABS :joy:

16. Just rode in and out of the kitty litter, no spill...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Goes to show the popularity of the man . I'm a big fan but never liked that colour scheme .

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information