1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We Got Bored....

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by andyb, Nov 6, 2019.

1. great thread, im in the process of doing a build myself
    996 with 1098 conversion

CFB4E9E8-A9E5-4298-BA29-55A651F05B10.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  2. I believe some new numbers are in..

3. Superb vision knowledge and craftsmanship, beautiful project, well done all round, Muchly so ... x

4. oh yeah... So finally got to master the Microtec ecu amazing bit of kit...we are now up to 166hp and 92 torques...but more importantly the AFR is correct and appropriate.

If ever you wanted to see just what a difference things make well

Balancing throttle bodies top of my list first.
    watching the AFR from 12.3 ie rich altered to 13.2 instant horsepower at that point.
    I recon if i had put a treaded tyre on it it would be up to 170...

yes i understand its just numbers...

• Like Like x 1
  5. With a knobbly tyre would it be over 200 :bucktooth::D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. nah...:) but with a slick it overheats on a dyno and then drags the roller back....

on my other bike i had the opportunity to do a back to back slick v treaded...4hp i shit you not!

• Like Like x 1
  7. what have you done with the airbox?

8. I can certainly believe that - I was just pulling your plonker on the knobbly tyre.
    I guess if you're looking for the top number on the dyno (rather than tuning/mapping) then a wet or road tyre would be the best option.
    Great build, well done :upyeah:

9. sadly nothing at the moment, as i was working on the rolling chassis as the priority.
    ill have to start on either exhaust or induction when i get back from the middle east ( if i get back under current circumstances)

10. Got bored again.. so had a search around and added DTC to the shitter...

D366A6D9-33F4-41A7-A1AE-5734B201BF0C.jpeg

73F34FB6-33C9-4C92-99FD-AE00CD5E1D21.jpeg

D2D7D369-BF02-4977-8B43-546A199135B9.jpeg

366F18D6-E9CC-423B-B2AE-CE5EB5F1D984.png

• Like Like x 6
  11. This is just the std 1198 dtc as it was in the loom I used and the dash
    The main area of faff is the fact the front speed pick up is 6 point off he disc and we were using rt discs so Andy turned a spacer with 6 points and we added tHis in the same way the nemesis system is fitted with a hall sensor pick up the bottom of the left fork bits available from Bikesportdevelopments developments
    The dtc gubbins is mounted under the back of the seat

• Like Like x 1
  12. 1390BC70-C554-403A-9652-B7B2E5DB72BA.png

• Like Like x 2
  13. This has an adjustment to get its orientation correct

14. Because I run the bike On a microtec ecu this works with the dtc but gives me the opportunity to alter the rear wheel measurements because as I’m sure you know dtc is all about accurate wheel speed comparison and in the std 1198 1098r set up means you can’t change the rear tyre size

• Like Like x 2
  15. Andy, what software are you using to adjust the DTC?

16. The ecu is a microtec m197 this has its own software you can run on a laptop...(albeit windows 7) you can play about with all sorts on there

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. So I can’t adjust slip angles and stuff like you can change on the nemesis system that I have in my other bike that has a map library for all mix’s of tyres
    The std Ducati system 1198 1098r was quite limited and now archaic compared to the v4 for example
    The nemesis one is up there

18. Can you alter the amount of pickups on the m197, so it can use the 5 disc bolts?

19. No ....not for the front..6
    Of course this std dtc can’t be adjusted on the fly without a dtc pod that was available back then you have to stop and change the setting..

20. Impressive build and application of skill/knowledge. Do you have a background in such things or have you picked things up as a by product of your biking passion?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information