1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wee Cafe Racer Project

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Rodent, Sep 25, 2017.

1. That's both calipers finished now with the new HEL lines, bleed nipples etc. I'm not liking these white plastic front mudguard clips, anyone seen black ones as they wont paint well?

IMG_3361.JPG
    Gone down the route of this nice exhaust wrap to get that racer look but it isn't easy to wrap it and keep the stuff fixed, will fix the headers with lock wire and hope it stays on but it does have a tendency to shrink back after a bit use causing it to come loose. Next job is to fit the clutch slave cylinder and fit the gear linkage as a reverse change as my race bikes are all this way and too confusing otherwise.
    IMG_3366.JPG IMG_3367.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. Nice, especially with a sensible seat height rather than the arse-in-the-air seat that many modern 'cafe' bikes seem to have...

3. Another couple of hours in the shed this time fitting a rear light. I hope it looks okay as I’ve tried to keep it legal for the mot but hide it at the same time. Having to raise the seat by 10mm which is a pain as lots of other things need to be altered now! Number plates get in the way too. I wonder how small I can get a plate made and is it worth chancing a black plate?
    Reverse linkage fitted now then onto the clutch to finish off all the hydraulics.

78FF9F49-9A7A-4E24-90D1-0BBBF985281C.jpeg

BE6BEF6F-6C96-4FB2-961D-065C22F0F6A4.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  4. That is looking really nice Rodent. I might even vote for your thread in the forthcoming forum awards! BTW I got a set of black plastic mudguard clips for my wife's Monster 620ie rebuild, off a Multistrada. Can't remember the year spec, but they are available. See pic below.

image239.JPG

5. That looks like some sort of mad robotic soldier, will be wild when the eyes light up red

Or a couple of jet pipes

It's a really really nice build

John

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Frustrating day in the shed but I’m cool as beer in hand happyish with my few hours work today. Air box in now so on to the wiring and Stu’s starter cables(they’d better work!)
    All brakes clutch lines now on too. Damned L/h bar switch has broken so anyone have a spare for sale? 19B4529B-1F28-400E-9DA4-1E3B3C3F0337.jpeg C5452B79-1331-4B58-B971-A3A605672901.jpeg 2CC19687-01BE-4FA2-8BB6-5EE1CEC2025B.jpeg 9998E99F-FF15-4E1E-882A-18AE2FE6C798.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  7. They have done so far, a few hundred times :innocent: your bike better work o_O:upyeah:

8. I guess the starter leads are the least of my worries right now! Time for another beer

• Like Like x 1
  9. D9993441-0DE1-43DD-9C4B-2B048B504FE3.jpeg That’s enough wiring for tonight!

10. Getting dark :eyes:

11. 856CA1AE-9965-4B46-8648-84F1D4688C55.jpeg Got fed up with details so stuck the fairing on to give myself a treat! Wish it was that easy but still a lot of work to fit it properly with the lights etc.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Hi Guys, wee issue that you can help me with.
    I either need to extend all the crankcase breather pipes to reach the breather tank or fit a filter straight onto the crankcase. Since I have just signed up to change my electric to wind and solar then maybe I need the tank but on the other hand.......
    Your technical advice would be appreciated?

13. I have some spare CCW Crank Case breather filters from the Hyper HM69 long range tank kits :innocent:

14. Sounds good, the pipe has a 20mm id so hopefully it will fit straight on and save another job. I'll block off the airbox one for now. just let me know the price Stu and I'll send the cash. On to the exhausts next which involves a bit of welding for the production look so hopefully have this done in a couple of weeks.

15. I'll check the size tonight.

16. Just stunning look!
    Clean and smooth!

17. Thanks El, had a break from the project but back on it this weekend!

18. I cant believe it's March now! I finished the bike end of Feb ready for the Scottish bike show but it was cancelled due to snow so hoping to get it there 7/8th April for the new show date. Anyway sorry to break the thread,nothing took that long , but waiting for exhaust parts light etc all takes ages but really happy with the end result. Had a few issues with the running so it's in Ducati Glasgow just now getting a wee tickle. I'm riding it to my wedding end of the month but I'll need to make sure my tackle is well out the way as wearing my kilt!!!

IMG_3846.JPG

IMG_3852.JPG

IMG_4018.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  19. Some more and the original bike, roll on some nice weather!

IMG_4037.JPG

IMG_4034.JPG

IMG_4032.JPG

IMG_4030.JPG

$_86 (1).JPG

• Like Like x 8
  20. Congratulations on a beautiful bike.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information