1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weekend Get Away

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Carr01, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Here is one I have stayed at a couple of times - http://www.thegeorgeanddragondent.co.uk/ - not too far, lovely scenery (if you like going for a quiet walk, it is perfect, also good for stop over on bike trips north). great food, excellent beers and a cracking whiskey selection.

Pete

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. At the risk of being ridiculed bomb down the M62 to Kingston upon Hull celebrating the City of Culture
    There is plenty happening throughout the City and all within a small area especially on a weekend

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Or maybe Baghdad, I hear that's nice this time of year. :upyeah:
    What about war torn Kandahar, that's a beauty spot and a half :D

4. As a southern softie you will only have read about it though

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. :upyeah::cool::p
    Missed thes off

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. If staying in the UK, why not visit Moss Side, there's loads going on there at the weekend, all within a small area, pick pockets, beatings, burglary, grand theft, GBH, ABH.................Moss Side, like Hull......Only nicer !!! :Do_O:upyeah:

7. He could go to the Sculpture park in Wakefield or better still he could go to Essex where it's just the same but they move about in Essex:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. I worked in Hull on the bridge when they were building it. It was like the wild west on a night out. :eek:

Might be different now of course.;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. I stayed in the Isaac Walton hotel just south of Dovedale. It had real ale, food was decent, it's not far from you, not too expensive and the walk along by the river to Dovedale is very pleasant.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. All very helpful information ... Well some of it! :)
    Trouble now is I'm spoiled for choice!!
    Again, it goes to prove what a wonderful forum this is. :)
    Thank you.

11. Some of it? Come on!!! ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information