1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weirdness.

Discussion in 'D16 Desmosedici RR' started by Nervy, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Apologies for replying so slowly/ late to this, it's been a bit of a tough time recently.

Anyway, when I've had a moment here and there I've checked over the bike to ensure nothing is lose/ trapped/ kinked/ ruined/ on fire and since it wasn't I then experimented with tyre pressures as- despite it feeling fine to begin with on the higher 'recall' pressures, the insanely high pressure never sat too well with me.

So, now I'm currently running 28 front and rear and all is well again. Yay!

Whilst I'm thrilled that it's cured the problem of course, I am lightly obsessed with what might have caused the change, most especially since things like the weather, route, ride duration, pressures, my weight etc etc were all the same. It makes no sense to me, at all and I really like to try and understand things so it's still something I'll ponder on, albeit now with a less shattered spine and pelvis.

Anyway, apologies again for my ultra tardy response and huge thanks as ever for all of your suggestions, ideas, help and general awesomeness. You lot are ace.

2. Are you sure your pressure gauge is accurate?
    If not, it could explain a great deal...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yes. Absolutely. I've also checked with 3 others. I'm an engineer, checking things is my default setting. Which I also regularly have checked. They all show the same, and the data across the recordings is indentical.

See? I can do grown up, I just choose not to.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Have you taken into account potential hysteresis errors?

5. What am I? New? Of course I have. I've even factored in backward top-slicing and stillage.

• WTF WTF x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information