1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome to the new look Ducati Forum

Discussion in 'Forum News' started by Rob, Mar 16, 2014.

1. image.jpg

Nope, don't have it :(

2. Click the 'Menu' then scroll to forum. You'll then have access to the forum. I need to make a better forum link on the homepage.

3. Got it, thanks!

4. All the redirects require coding. I missed this one. Will get it fixed :)

Unfortunately we lost groups. Member list however is still here. I just put it in. Go to 'What's New' at the top and it is in the links there. I'm going to work out a better navbar link system.

Is this conversations you are referring to? AFAIK there is only the conversations inbox.

5. Is this now working for you fig?

6. How do you delete conversations?

7. I type in some text, drafting a post, then maybe I want to select part of the text so I can drag & drop it to a different place. But I can't, because drag & drop does not seem to work any more. Or is it just me?

8. I'm seeing adverts in the conversations pages...fully paid up member here...
    Keep up the great work Rob

9. Hi Mark,

Should be immediate. Is it still happening?

10. Can you cut/paste? I'm not sure how to replicate what you are describing Pete.

11. Again how to delete conversations?

12. OK, let me go into details.

Say I am drafting a post, so I type in some text in the ordinary way. After I have written a few lines I find I want to make an amendment, and I want to move a word or words to another point in the post. The ordinary way to do this (in any word processor or on the old forum) is to select the word or words, then place the pointer on the selected area and drag the selection to the new location. The selected word(s) should then disappear from the old location and drop (appear) at the new location in the text. As you say, another option is to select some text, right-click to cut the selection, and then paste it into the new location.

Unfortunately, neither drag & drop nor cut & paste seems to work on this forum any more. Drag & drop does nothing - the selected text simply stays where it was. Cut & paste is worse - a random amount of text (not the same as the selected words) disappears when cut, but what appears on using paste is not the same text. Some words can be lost altogether.

The only way to do it at the moment seems to be to delete whatever words are not required and type them in afresh wherever required. Unless you have a better suggestion.

13. test this is a.
    I can do what you are trying to achieve. What browser are you using?

14. It's not possible. Sorry.

15. If it helps, i can 'cut and paste' as i am drafting a reply - on a Mac/using Safari - can move words/sentences around willy nilly.

16. Of the rage will build up over time .........

17. so we've gone from 'you have exceeded your mailbox quota' to infinity - we had all better make sure we don't type something we later regret : )

18. Actually, I've just found that all parties 'leave the conversation' then the conversation is deleted.

And there's no limit to the amount of stored conversations.

• Useful Useful x 2
  19. Now you talking

20. Internet Explorer 10.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information