1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

939 SP Well That Didn't Last Long

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Daddy2coull, Jul 15, 2016.

1. What sort of facility is their HQ at silverstone?

Do they have technicians there then, and are they significantly more skilled than dealer tech's?

2. Quote...
    The construction of the 8,000 square foot premises includes offices, a warehouse, dealer training rooms, a workshop servicing the press and demonstrator fleets (now brought back in-house) and the potential for a retail outlet for the sale of Ducati merchandise during major track events.

3. It's likely they have their dealer tech training there

4. i genuinely don't know what I want to resolve the situation, a lot depends on if they can determine exactly what the problem is how severe it is or if they will just change every component on the bike until it runs properly. I'm then left with a bike that every man and his dog has pulled apart, fiddled with and put back together again, in my mind it will no longer feel like a new bike. Any compensation will probably be in the form of credit at the dealer, again, I have no idea how much I should expect or demand. Some guidance and opinions would be appreciated or do you guys feel I would be better off with a replacement bike? As far as rejecting the bike completely and walking away from the hypermotard sp goes, there is nothing else on the market from any manufacturer that floats my boat which means I'd walk away from bikes completely.

5. Another thing is, if I want a replacement, it's possibly going to take a while. Take the bike back, credit the payments and deposit I'd paid also making sure I'm not out of pocket. I then have to apply for finance again on the next bike, it's going to be a royal pain in the arse as I'm also in the middle of remortgaging our home and don't want the bike to get in the way of getting the best deal.

6. My suggestion would be if they can not fix it, walk away from it, get a full credit and then wait till early next year when your mortgage is sorted and then order a new one for next years season...

You may get a better deal in January too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. I just read through all this, I feel for you Daddy2scoull, and your right the customer service these days is a joke. I work in the service industry and it's not really that hard, and if you can not provide a basic level of service then don't get into the industry!!!! Sounds similar to my problem, maybe not as bad, however mine was from the day I collected it, with 4m on the clocks, will not hijack this post I listed in Hypermotard gallery, this is my first brand new bike. So frustrating

8. Out of interest I called the finance company for some information yesterday. The dealer convinced me to let the bike go to Ducati uk for a week to let them have a try on the basis that if I had a new bike I'd have to cancel the finance and start again. According to black horse I have been misled, as long as they get a zero balance invoice for the new bike they will chance the details and the finance will just carry on. I'm angry because I feel the owner of the dealership hasn't been honest with me just to get another week of trying to repair my bike. Words cannot describe how I feel right now.

9. Ring Ducati UK and tell them that they have your bike under false pretences.....

My favourite one is to ask questions but don't give them any info at all

Ask if the dealers are trained in the finance side

Ask them if they know the arrangements for changing details etc. and that it can be done

Ask if the dealers know this

Then tell them the dealer told you otherwise

If in between asking those things they ask you anything don't answer till they have

Its amazing how easy it is to answer with an innocent answer which gives them justification in their eyes

10. good for you, too many people bend over and take it up the arse from these shitty arsed dealers for fear of "upsetting them" for some strange reason

give em hell and tell them to stick their bike where the sun doesnt shine while youre doing it

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  11. I tried. But because the dealers all use different finance companies they couldn't give specific advice. I did try and complain that my dealer misled me but they told me it was an issue with the dealer

12. Technically that is correct, but surely DUK must be interested in one if their dealers is misrepresenting them and the brand? I'd take the issue up with them again.

13. Id take the issue up with every Ducati FB/Twitter page you can find....

A few posts to their pages about what's happened and they will soon become your best friend and ask you to remove them

Its worked for others before...

14. I would be looking to reject the bike and cancel the finance, IMO you buy a new bike to avoid all of the above hassles. Plus the 'best' bit should be the 1st year (summer!) of ownership, which you have been robbed of the pleasure. Never going to fill you with confidence now either.
    Pathetic that a company the size of Ducati (with Audi backing) doesnt have technicians available for issues like this during shut down periods at the factory.
    I'm on my 2nd BMW since the Multstrada and neither bike has missed a beat. Pyrenees, Germany, Scotland trips. Caned to within an inch of their lives on occasions. No issues. Not one niggle.
    Each time I look at the new PP and old Streetfighters with lust, I remind myself they are Ducatis, and what goes with ownership.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Considering the woman responsible for marketing in the uk couldn't be bothered to call me back I don't think I stand a chance on the telephone.

16. If all they have to do to defeat you is not call you back, then they have won already. It isn't pleasant, but make a pest of yourself so they just want to get rid of you.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Reading the whole post I think it's took more than one unreturned call to wear him down.....

It is sometimes knowing what won't work and exploring other avenues

I've never got anywhere with phone calls

18. Then ask to speak with Tim Maccabee:)

But have all the facts together and in chronological order, with who said what, where and when.

19. I'm an advocate of giving someone the chance to sort a problem out first. If they don't deal with it properly then by all means let the world know. If you go in with both barrels blazing from the off then you will not get any kind of sympathetic service. Fact.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information