1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

939 SP Well That Didn't Last Long

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Daddy2coull, Jul 15, 2016.

1. It doesn't matter what has happened up until now. It is now with people that really have some sway in getting the outcome he wants, if he gets stuck into them and makes sure he is the first person they think of when they go to work in the morning then something will happen. Nobody wants to keep taking a phone call from that person they know they are not properly looking after and has a genuine complaint. You might not get somewhere with one call, and you don't even need to get through to the person you need to speak to. However, if you keep calling and leaving messages and putting yourself at the top of their list, you will get some action.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Why did my post mean going in guns blazing ?

If he tweets him asking for help regarding his problems then he will get contacted as they won't want bad publicity and or speculation

#142 Jody, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bad publicity ......what about Volkswagon / audi groups uncovered multi billion pound emissions fiddling , countless recalls on some of the new generation engines with oil burning and water ingestion bending con rods .... 100s of millions in recall and warranty campaign work in the car industry on under 3 year old cars .
    Do we really think the relatively small Ducati Motorcycles part of VAGS ownership is priority for them .

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Believe me, I've called. I've been misled (lied to) and let down at every occasion. Regardless of what the outcome is on Friday, I want out, out of Ducati and out of biking.

5. Well today is the day of reckoning, I wonder what load of crap they feed me today

6. Just had a call from the owner of the dealership and I'll be honest I was ready to throw all my teddies out of the pram and throw the bike back at him until he explained that they had found the fault and told me what it was. The most embarrassing part is, is was all my doing and I'm totally to blame.

I'd fitted a set of asv levers, something that I've done to every bike I've ever owned but this time I'd omitted to fit the block that actuates the clutch switch. I can't explain how I missed it, but I did so I won't try to make excuses in an attempt to cover my own arse.

I'd given the dealer and Ducati a thorough slagging and it wasn't deserved. We'd had a very good relationship until now and I owe them the biggest arse kissing apology on the planet.

This has been a bloody big lesson for me and I feel a complete twat but felt I should st least come clean with you guys.

I sat and had a really good discussion whilst I was there today and to be fair, there was a plausible explanation for virtually every concern. Maybe I'd have been better off having a meeting prior to flipping my lid on here!!!

• Like Like x 12
  7. Wow...such an easy mistake caused such an issue. This problem happens on 1299 panigales also, quite common!

So bike is fixed and you have it back? Rides nicely again?

Great result, and clearly overlooked by their tech's which is understandable in my opinion.

8. These things happen.... Nobody was hurt.... Lessons learned all round.

I'm not sure I'd have been brave enough to confess, so well done you!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. So how does that give you all the problems??

Sorry probably a really stupid question but I'm sure others are thinking of it but just to afraid to ask. I'd like to think so anyway!!

10. Oh and they should of picked it up sooner!!

I'll get my coat!!

11. Thank you for letting us all know, and I hope you have smoothed things with the dealer and DUK.

However as I have said many times before on here, it's always best to look to get it sorted first and if it isn't sorted and the blame is very obviously the dealers/DUK then get arsey and name and shame.

But thanks anyway.

Ps - would you like to delete the thread now? If so pm me and I will do the deed.

12. Nope - don't get how that missing switch would give you those probs, Isn't that switch there simply to allow the bike to start in gear?

13. Got to ask ...... Did the bike start faulting immediately after fitting the levers ?
    Is the clutch switch just a two wire micro switch ?
    Is the micro switches bar actuated when the lever is pulled in or when the lever is at rest ?

#155 mechcanico lee, Sep 9, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  14. Ha ha knob ;) :p

Fair play and big balls for admitting it on the forum. Just hope El torque doesn't delete it....it's a lesson to all ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Very big of you to admit it! Made stupid mistakes myself and also admitted it on here!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  16. Whoops. Big up on admitting it. From what I've seen on a few posts new levers seem more harm than good. Shouldn't take 6 odd weeks to spot though.

Maybe the lessons to learn here is if it ain't bust don't fix it?

Or if it is bust, put it back to standard?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Ok I'm glad I'm not the only one asking the lever question. My s2r 1000 switch stopped working and the only issue there was could not start in gear with clutch in. That's what I thought the point of the switch was for!! How does it give you those issues??

18. yep spill the beans, New orleans..

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information