1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

939 SP Well That Didn't Last Long

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Daddy2coull, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Also me

I do not see that the clutch switch would cause this issue.

It allows you to start in gear not much else

Should not have any effect on fueling other than to perhaps supply it or not

Unless the switch broke and you were shorting power down to earth and that was pulling down the ECU?

2. It's his call. Not yours and not mine either.

3. I'm sure was a 899 owner had similar thing earlier this year when fitting new levers.

4. Omg, fair play for owning up. Is there the possibility of a large bill coming your way?

5. From what I read about the 1299, that switch affected throttle response as the ECU needed to see that the clutch was fully engaged before allowing throttle to work correctly via the ride by wire.

I suspect the hyper and other RBW bikes use the same or similar system.

I don't know the exact operation details of it but that's a summary.

6. Well that would make sense RBW.

7. Well done for owning up :upyeah: and there it was all along #22 dismissed with aplomb :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Oh, there it is!!!!

9. Modern electronics are black magic,points condensers and carbs you cant go wrong,do you still wont to throw it off a cliff?

10. Man hats off to you! You are a rider with an honor. Thanks for sharing. Me was more concerned am saying oh no this will be bad for a bike I do really like so good to hear it is solved.

Now that leave me thinking about people like that Snowcat who many idolize but who at the end was not transparent with anyone and made bad publicity for being maybe himself an a..... Anyway. Just a thought.

11. More to the point How's it been since you got it back...

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

12. Maybe snowcat changed his levers too. That guy had 2 allegedly did hypermotards. His reviews didn't stop me buying an 821 and
    939SP.

13. Think he's still out riding it. :tearsofjoy:

14. Glad it's all sorted .
    The side stand switch on Triumphs used to do the same thing

15. I remember missing a part when fitting a set of Pazzos to my brand new '08 R1 - recall seeing a 'collar' in the diagrams, but nothing like that was included, so I fitted them anyway, and decided to live with the wobbly lever.

Several thousand miles later and my clutch started to slip, being a pretty new rider (this was my second year of riding), I assumed that it was due to me giving it too much stick everywhere, until one day 'practising launches' (TLGP), the revs maxed out and the bike went nowhere!

I called the AA out who were stumped, but suspected a clutch issue - lucky for me I was only a couple of 100 yeards from George white in Swindon, so wheeled the bike over and left it over night; with a plan to return in the morning and book it in with them.

After a week's wait, I heard back from them - turns out this 'missing' collar was actually part of the standard level and just needed to be popped out and inserted into the Pazzo :( Unfortunately for me, where I hadn't fitted this, the clutch had remained slightly engaged, and the miles I put on after had gradually been destroying the clutch! There wasn't a single friction plate that remained intact!!

£600 odd quid later, and I was back on the road, feeling like a right ****

16. Everyone makes mistakes, the trick is to learn from them, Or even better, try to learn from other peoples mistakes!

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information