1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welsh Tt?

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by bikermike, Nov 20, 2017.

1. What a ball bag!! As soon as the acu get involved it all goes to rat sh#t.

2. That sounds shady.... organisers selling tickets for the event before it's even sanctioned by the acu... and morphing the truth with mcpints involvement.

I'm glad it remained at only the thinking stage for me this year..... I'd be looking at a refund asap

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. FFS... had better cancel the accommodation.

4. It's official. Just received an email see below....

"Dear Customer,

The directors of the Welsh Road Race regretfully announce the postponement of the 2018 Welsh Road Race. This is due to recent changes in legislation on the Road Traffic Act in Wales. A date for the 2019 event has already been requested and will be announced shortly.

On the 9th of January this year, there was a hearing with regard to the repeal of the Road Traffic Act. The repeal was to allow the use of closed Public Roads for Motorsport events. This repeal came into effect yesterday, on the 2nd February.

The Welsh Road Race had gained permissions previously, but the current change in legislation, has put the timescale of the event into jeopardy, as there will not be enough time to obtain the correct permissions now to permit the event.

“We are working closely with the ACU, Crown Properties and Powys County Council to organise the Welsh Road Race, and under the new changes in legislation, the new deadlines that have been imposed, will make it very difficult to carry out a safe and successful event’, said Derek Smith, Managing Director of the Welsh Road Race, “ the Board of Directors are absolutely devastated, for all the supporters and all concerned with the event. We have begun steps to contact all our supporters and sponsors who are involved in the event.”

Paul King, Chairman of the ACU Road Race Committee said, “Following concerns raised with the Auto Cycle Union at the end of the year about the proposed Welsh Road Race in August 2018, Members of the ACU Road Race Committee recently met with the event organisers, to understand what was being proposed and what was required for the event to progress.

In order for the ACU Road Race Committee to sanction the event, a list of requirements required from the Organisers was agreed. It would appear that the timetable to achieve the event for 2018 cannot be achieved.

The ACU Road Race Committee will endeavour to assist the organisers in progressing the event for 2019.”

As a ticket holder you now have 2 options:

1. We can refund you for the full amount and you will have rebook for the event next year.
    2. You can keep your ticket for the next event and we will honour your entry price. We will additionally provide you with:
    "

5. Just go anyway probably have a great time fella

6. Think I'll probably cancel this and try to get to either Ulster GP or get the MH Replica roadworthy and try for Classic TT. With it being the 40th Anniversary of Hailwood's win DOCGB are trying to organise a closed roads lap of the course for MH Replicas! That would be something special indeed!

7. Think Pete boast from the flat track is doing the classic and is it pre tt race, yep be a special lap that

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information